Author Topic: No new posts?  (Read 2308 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
No new posts?
« on: December 07, 2010, 21:28:58 »
For the past 4 weeks,  I often log on to find there are no new posts.  This is after 24 hours between last log in.  Example being - having just logged on tonight to find only 4 unread topics this past 28 hours. 

Moderators please advise.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: No new posts?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 17:56:46 »
After the football fiasco they've all taken up the new British sport -------------- Shopping.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

seeorganicgardeners

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 18:11:26 »
One of them was probably mine because I got shoved off, after unfortunately including a website, because I was inadvertently trying to publicise our first ever Potato Day - and I then immediately had someone local contact me to say how pleased she was and that she would be attending!
Carole

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 18:14:36 »
Being a bit slow- as usual- do you mean your post has been removed because you are advertising  potato day?
Anne

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 19:56:16 »
I should have thought that since you are  non commercial that would have been ok perhaps it was not clear so you were rather unlucky.  Members often recommended events, services and bargain.  It is not easy to deferential potato days since quite a lot are run by garden centres.

Perhaps you could pm Sam Loiuse and put a case for your thread to be reinstated.

Are you sure that you are not logging on and seeing A4A as it was the last time you visited.  Try clicking on refresh for an update.  This is a little symbol with an up and a down arrow on my system.  On the right of the current address near top of page.   Tbere have been a few times when the system has crashed but as far as I am aware this has not happened recently so normally there are new posts within every 24 hours period. 

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 01:23:33 »
Is it that there are no new posts, or is it just that the tags are missing?
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 09:51:57 »
Seeorganics- thanks for explanation- when I saw your post I had thought of posting about our potato day ;)
when I thought about it I suppose if we all advertised our local events it would be impossible for the moderators to keep out commercial interests.  There is a potato forum which will advertise events- it is a commercial site bit I understand they will allow notices of any potato days even if pots are not buoght from them.
Best wishes with the day
Anne x

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 13:04:53 »
Just logged on at 1300hr this afternoon. To see a message "no new posts".  I ain't logged on since yesterday.  Regular occurrence this past 2 months.  Any ideas as to whats up - Dan / moderators
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 13:27:11 »
I think its all down to Ace and the cooking of his salmon ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 15:50:55 »
An odd thought but are your time settings correct. The only reason I say that is that I was getting odd messages about certificates out of date and virus info wrong, and that's what it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal