Author Topic: The Lake District.  (Read 3486 times)

Maddy

• Half Acre
Re: The Lake District.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2005, 13:33:37 »
Heldi, your pics are wonderful.

I was desperately trying not to open this thread as everytime I look at pictures of the Lake District I get the urge to give up everything and move there.  I have to limit my visits too and I've only been there twice. 

EJ I'm with Ava on this one, my favourite place in the world too.

M.

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005, 17:01:49 »
Hi Heldi. More stunning pics. I am off to the Lake District for an activity Stag weekend in October (mountain biking and kayaking etc). The groom is a fitness instructor and I think I will be out of my depth - it might well kill me!! Perhaps I will ask if I can be the photographer for the weekend!!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 21:36:38 »
Wow! Thanks for all the compliments. I tried to get lots of pictures from the Ullswater Steamer but because the mountains looked like a watercolour painting in the light my digi camera wouldn't focus. I was having a discussion with a bloke on the boat about how in times like that my old olympus camera would have been just the ticket. The modern stuff aint always the best.

Ofcourse Ken you can keep the pics. I enjoy showing you all what I've seen. Pooley Bridge to Ambleside! You MUST take your camera! I did a hike. From the Waterside campsite...to the pub! Well it wasn't a hike on the way there...but on the way back... ;)

You will have a wonderful time Lord Steve.  We saw loads of cyclists on the Wrynose pass. My god they were fit, (sorry didn't want to worry you!)Even saw one having a pee which my son thought hilarious! Do not forget your camera in any circumstance!!!  I might be over there in October.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 22:17:46 »
Breathtaking pictures Heldi ! My jaws dropped when I saw the picture of the sunset ! Beautiful... ;D :D :D :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 07:30:29 »
For anyone who loves Lake District photos the following link would be useful:

http://www.lakelandcam.co.uk

Tony takes photo and updates the site daily with wonderful photos to whet your appetite.  We log on daily for our fix and are never dissapointed.  And when we visit my boys spend all their time looking out for him and his dog!

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005, 09:13:24 »
My residing memory of Ambleside is hundreds of wet hikers sitting in the cinema and you couldn't see the film for the rising steam  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 10:42:52 »
And dangeroulsy good sticky toffee pudding in Sheila's Cottage!
Obxx - Vendée France

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 09:23:16 »
We'd taken the kids to Ambleside years ago but me and my OH went back there as we wanted a meal in the pub we enjoyed so much then.  Could we remember what it was called - could we eck!  I had to phone my son to ask him what it was called and for directions.  A senior moment to be sure  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal