Removed
4 (19%)
Left alone
11 (52.4%)
Dunno
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: October 12, 2005, 18:31:28

Author Topic: Can one believe this..........  (Read 5795 times)

Glyn

• Hectare
Can one believe this..........
« on: October 09, 2005, 22:07:37 »
Kingdom’s Leading Executioner Says: ‘I Lead a Normal Life’
Mahmoud Ahmad, Arab News Staff.

Muhammad Saad Al-Beshi says he is calm at work because he is doing God’s work.   

JEDDAH, 5 June 2003 — Saudi Arabia’s leading executioner Muhammad Saad Al-Beshi will behead up to seven people in a day.

“It doesn’t matter to me: Two, four, 10 — As long as I’m doing God’s will, it doesn’t matter how many people I execute,” he told Okaz newspaper in an interview.

He started at a prison in Taif, where his job was to handcuff and blindfold the prisoners before their execution. “Because of this background, I developed a desire to be an executioner,” he says.

He applied for the job and was accepted.

His first job came in 1998 in Jeddah. “The criminal was tied and blindfolded. With one stroke of the sword I severed his head. It rolled meters away.” Of course he was nervous, then, he says, as many people were watching, but now stage fright is a thing of the past.

He says he is calm at work because he is doing God’s work. “But there are many people who faint when they witness an execution. I don’t know why they come and watch if they don’t have the stomach for it.

“Me? I sleep very well,” he adds.

Does he think people are afraid of him? “In this country we have a society that understands God’s law,” he says. “No one is afraid of me. I have a lot of relatives, and many friends at the mosque, and I live a normal life like everyone else. There are no drawbacks for my social life.”

Before an execution, nonetheless, he will go to the victim’s family to obtain forgiveness for the criminal. “I always have that hope, until the very last minute, and I pray to God to give the criminal a new lease of life. I always keep that hope alive.”

Al-Beshi will not reveal how much he gets paid per execution as this is a confidential agreement with the government. But he insists that the reward is not important. “I am very proud to do God’s work,” he reiterates.

However, he does reveal that a sword will cost something in the region of SR20,000. “It’s a gift from the government. I look after it and sharpen it once in a while, and I make sure to clean it of bloodstains.

“It’s very sharp. People are amazed how fast it can separate the head from the body.”

By the time the victims reach the execution square they have surrendered themselves to death, he says, though they may hope to be forgiven at the last minute. “Their hearts and minds are taken up with reciting the Shahada.” The only conversation with the prisoner is when he tells him to say the Shahada.

“When they get to the execution square, their strength drains away. Then I read the execution order, and at a signal I cut the prisoner’s head off.”

He has executed numerous women without hesitation, he explains. “Despite the fact that I hate violence against women, when it comes to God’s will, I have to carry it out.”

There is no great difference between executing men and women, except that the women wear hijab, and nobody is allowed near them except Al-Beshi himself when the time for execution comes.

When executing women he will use either gun or sword. “It depends what they ask me to use. Sometimes they ask me to use a sword and sometimes a gun. But most of the time I use the sword,” he adds.

As an experienced executioner, 42-year-old Al-Beshi is entrusted with the task of training the young. “I successfully trained my son Musaed, 22, as an executioner and he was approved and chosen,” he says proudly. Training focuses on the way to hold the sword and where to hit, and is mostly through observing the executioner at work.

An executioner’s life, of course, is not all killing. Sometimes it can be amputation of hands and legs. “I use a special sharp knife, not a sword,” he explains. “When I cut off a hand I cut it from the joint. If it is a leg the authorities specify where it is to be taken off, so I follow that.”

Al-Beshi describes himself as a family man. Married before he became an executioner, his wife did not object to his chosen profession. “She only asked me to think carefully before committing myself,” he recalls. “But I don’t think she’s afraid of me,” he smiles. “I deal with my family with kindness and love. They aren’t afraid when I come back from an execution. Sometimes they help me clean my sword.”

A father of seven, he is a proud grandfather already. “I have a married daughter who has a son. He is called Haza, and he’s my pride and joy. And then there are my sons. The oldest one is Saad, and of course there is Musaed, who’ll be the next executioner,” he adds.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 18:31:28 by Glyn »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Can one believe this..........
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 23:16:28 »
Glyn,I have just read the post and do not know what to say i am speechless.
Maybe tomorrow when i have thought about it, but doing Gods work i don`t think so. :(

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 23:28:03 »
 :'(

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:59:24 »
Yes Glyn, I can believe it, but I expect no-one to stand alongside and agree with me.

Having done military service, I thought long and hard before I took the Queen's shilling, knowing that I may have to kill. I have received accolades for my military performance.

As an Engineer, I have designed, built and delivered equipment to NATO countries, who's only function is to kill people. The equipment has been proven to be highly effective.

This now weighs heavy on my heart but I cannot undo it, so yes, I can believe it, there is very little left in this world which will shock me.

My own conscience is MY judge and executioner.

If anyone objects or is offended by my comments, I will withdraw this post.

Derekthefox
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 11:21:40 by Derekthefox »

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:54:30 »
No objections here Derek - a very honest, thoughtful post.
Let he who is without sin throw the first stone?
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 13:05:48 »
I worked for the M.O.D a few years ago , and yes peeps do know but only consider it as a job and not what is behind it. We may or may not agree but it will go on forever, war will always be there more the pity. :( :(.

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 17:15:44 »
Hey Derek don't take it too hard mate!
The article is about "Capital punishment" in the name of God.
It's amazing we still trade with these people, but then I suppose it's the oil?
And it doesn't matter what you have built, man will find a way to kill with it.
That's not your fault?

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 17:32:21 »
Just so I've got this straight Glyn:

Arab bloke in oil rich country executes people = bad. People in the West pay someone else (soldiers) to kill Arabs for the oil in their country = good. 

???
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 17:39:57 »
I'm talking about "Capital Punishment" we have a history of it ourselves.
But at least we made the humane decision to stop.

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 17:59:02 »
...and now export our violence instead. Not least by propping up dodgy regimes like the House of Saud....
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 18:09:36 »
TM..I agree with you entirely.
But again, the gist of this thread is "Capital Punishment."

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 18:10:47 »
Thanks Terrace, Rose and Glyn,

I am not being hard on myself Glyn, simply honest, in military terms I was expected to be able to kill on legitimate orders. As a professional engineer, I had to take intellectual responsibility for my work, which meant I knew exactly what my creations would be used for, because that was part of the specification. If you are in any doubt, tell me what alternative uses missiles and battle tanks can be put to.

I could not do this work any more, because I don't have the heart, or perhaps it is because I do have a heart, I cannot even consciously kill a slug now ...

Capital punishment in the name of God, or death by combat in the name of some politically created ideal (eg human rights) it all amounts to unnecessary death.

I hope some people are not finding this topic too upsetting?

Should this thread be moved to the Watershed?

Derekthefox

« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 18:12:34 by Derekthefox »

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 18:17:22 »
TM..I agree with you entirely.
But again, the gist of this thread is "Capital Punishment."

Hear what you say Glyn and I'm pleased we agree. I just find one sort of violence indistinguishable from any other. (Which is just a less good way of saying what Derek has just said.)
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 22:26:47 »
Blimey, George Bush's Arab brother.  God talks through him and a big supporter of capital punishment even when its of the mentally ill and children. The oonly difference between George and the bloke in the interview is that George is the one doing the paying and he is the one being paid (albeit not by Bush).

PS It is people like George Bush, the man above, Bin Laden and a significant number of Orthodox Jews, right wing Israeli politicians and the Diosceses of Oxford, Lincoln etc which means I cannot support the Christian, Jewish or Islamic religions, as they all profess to be talking and listening to the same God and acting out his will.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

PS - voted leave well alone.  1) I do not believe in censorship and 2)  expose the extremists who are doing 'His' work.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 22:35:20 by redclanger »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 22:48:11 »
Is this an allotment bulletin board ???.Or is it lets see who we can Shock today ...
Confused ..Jim...
Cheers .. Jim

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 23:18:50 »
Is this an allotment bulletin board .Or is it lets see who we can Shock today ...
Confused ..Jim...
Actually Jim..The Shed is Non allotment related general chit chat.
Sorry you where shocked?      

« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 23:20:51 by Glyn »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 23:23:49 »
The shed is where we can discuss anything and everthing i was given to understand.

GLYN  :).

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 23:45:34 »
Since he's a Saudi and he's wearing a Wahabi head-dress he's going to be a Salafi, which is the most hard-line school of Islamic Law there is. Don't judge all Muslims by his approach!

Yellow Petals

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 00:25:21 »
Since he's a Saudi and he's wearing a Wahabi head-dress he's going to be a Salafi, which is the most hard-line school of Islamic Law there is. Don't judge all Muslims by his approach!

Spot on.

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 00:36:36 »
Don't judge all Muslims by his approach!
I don't think it was a generalizing of all Muslims.

I read this in a Toronto paper.
Incidentally, Canada has recently turned down the Muslim request for their own court of law.

One thing Islam does not believe in is freedom of religion. If Islam takes over America, or any other country, there wouldn't be a choice of religion. The Quran states: "If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost." (Surah 3:85) Many of the teachings of Islam are incompatible with progress and contradict common sense. Neither are they compatible with human rights or civil rights. Here are a few examples of the teachings of Islam:

1. Men are superior to Women. (Sura 2:228)
        2. Women have half the rights of men:
            a-In court witness (Sura 2:282)
            b-In inheritance (Sura 4:11)
        3. A man may beat his wife. (Surah 4:34)
        4. A man may marry up to four wives at a time (polygamy). (Sura 4:3)
        5. Muslims must fight until their opponents submit to Islam. (Sura            9:5)
        6. A Muslim must not take a Jew or  Christian for a friend. (Surah            5:54)
        7. A Muslim apostate must be killed. (Surah 9:12)
        8. Stealing is punished by amputation of hands. (Surah 5:41)
        9. Adultery is punished by public flogging. (Surah 24:2)
       10. No separation between church and state. (Surah 2:193)
       11. No opposition parties allowed. (Surah 4:59)

I'm glad Canada said no?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 02:29:35 by Glyn »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal