Author Topic: Shouldn't you be working?  (Read 11683 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Shouldn't you be working?
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2005, 15:36:11 »
Erm....list seems to be growing.....spade and glitter ball... and heels... will update list nearer the time, cos am watching events spiral out of control here... ::) ;) And Aiken, yes, you jammy  *%$**% ....  ;D ;D ;D ;) though even more confused now as to why needed help with pic.... ???

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2005, 16:53:52 »
though even more confused now as to why needed help with pic.... ???

And again Lottie you took the words out of my mouth ;D

this event you are planning sounds like nothing I've ever been to at my girls school ;D :D :)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2005, 18:05:29 »
Actually Delilah, am quite getting into it! Cornered small man at school and told him what I'd done (head of committee thingy), and he seemed up for it, so  hopefully I'll pull it off! Have discovered that if you sound optimistic and confident about something, they tend to go for it.....So I'm showing false confidence and smiling lots!! Am intending it to be grown up barn dance thingy to celebrate getting garden dug.....if you happen to be passing Suffolk way....... bring wellies and heels!! ;D ;D ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2005, 18:15:12 »
Hi Anna - looks like you have been thorugh the wringer.  I am glad you find some solice on here - you certainly are not the only one, and I hope you carry on doing so.  I know that I have found a lot on this site and I consider many of you as being amongst my closest friends.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2005, 18:43:54 »
Shot myself well and truly in the foot today with logging on at work. Went into the chat room at morning break. Logged out at the end of morning break - or so I thought ...

Got home later in the afternoon, couldnt enter the chat room - my name was already being used !!! Asked Dan to help, and meanwhile worked the problem out, so I had to go back to work, log out, then come home !!!

Thanks for you efforts anyway Dan !!!

I feel a right ninny !!!

Derekthefox :D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2005, 18:55:04 »
wardy, computers work better at lower temperatures   :P

And Lottie, I work with computers, not photograph albums !  :P
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2005, 19:23:31 »
Derek ....."Yes Stanley"..." that another fine mess you"ve gottten us into" 8)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2005, 19:30:07 »
Yes Tulip would you believe I am blushing with embarrassment !!!

Derekthefox :-[

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2005, 21:03:58 »
When my son was in nursery he won a Barney book. A big chunky book. I read it to him once and nearly puked. Funnily enough that book disappeared and I thought I had escaped. Unfortunately my daughter came along and so did my evil twisted mother.  I said "Oh  I'll leave this video here for her to watch when she's at yours Mum."  I was beaten up with a chorus of "Aaaw let the Toot take the video home, you cruel heartless poor excuse of a mother...etc etc" It has become her favourite video :'(  :( . I have been subjected to "super dee duper" and "zoo zee zoo" for well over a month now  :( .  I'm sorry if my sobs disturb you in the quiet of the night.  :'(  :'( I'll try to be strong...but... it's a dinosaur...its purple...it's got to mangey friends...and whats worse...oh the utter horror...I can talk like it!  Boo hoo hoo! I'm turning into a big purple monster.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2005, 21:06:35 »
Thank goodness I no longer watch television. I could have ended up like that too !  ;D

Derekthefox ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2005, 21:08:07 »
There, there Heidi.  Go for a lie down in a darkened room with damp flannel on head  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2005, 21:27:15 »
Oh dear DtF and Heldi, think you both need some tlc, .......in a sad kinda twisted way I just love it when somewhen else make silly mistakes with computers it makes me feel not so bad when I can't even post a piccy, sorry Derek ;)

Oh and Heldi what can I say except....give it time .......the purple monster thing will pass............soon..............maybe............but in the meantime turn to us for solice and help..we're there for you in your hour of need!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2005, 21:54:37 »
I read a story once that someone punched Barneys lights out, and I found myself laughing hysterically! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2005, 00:09:17 »
DP lol! If only you could recount that story to save this tortured soul!

Hex

• Half Acre
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2005, 21:04:47 »
It is the cloying unctous over done emphasis on smiley happy manners and loving everybody which forces me to join Heidi on the anti Barney rant.  I am far too mean a mummy to let mine watch it.

Shot gun is too good - too fast.  Can I also suggest the squeaky ones out of story makers, and the new tikkabilla presenters?

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2005, 21:13:08 »
and the new tikkabilla presenters?

But not Paul. He's a dude. And all of the Wiggles should be saved, with the possible exception of Captain Feathersword...

I would support the incarceration of most CBeebies presenters, especially Chris.
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Hex

• Half Acre
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2005, 19:33:35 »
mmm, Paul is lovely and cheers up many 6.30am's for me, but check him out on the Song Catchers.  His hair makes a world of a difference!  We like Simon too, but Justin and Sarah Jane could do with a good slap. 

I can now see why my Dad used to insist on us watching Playschool for Floella (can't spell it) Benjamin.....

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2005, 19:53:32 »
I can't get any attention from my better half when Paul's on!! I'd forgotton about Sarah-Jane. She's the pits. Justin was thinner, but still irritating, on Fun Song Factory...

but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

undercarriage plan

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2005, 09:24:55 »
I am soo glad I nolonger have to watch the Fun Song Factory!! Loved it at the begininng, but by child no 4, the strain was beginning to tell, and I was beginning to shout the lyrics in a slightly hysterical manner rather than singing along.....

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2005, 11:13:57 »
Fortunately baby Laurie dismantled the offending video cassette the other week  ;)
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal