Author Topic: Lemon & Lime Trees  (Read 1410 times)

supagranz

• Not So New ...
Lemon & Lime Trees
« on: December 30, 2005, 06:04:05 »
Has anybody tried growing lemon & Lime trees.? as i was thinking about getting one of each. Any info would be very helpful
Live to-day as if its your last as one day it surely will be

colleenemp

• Half Acre
Re: Lemon & Lime Trees
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:50:36 »
Closest I ever got was oranges... smuggled an orange back from a holiday in Morroco 3 years ago, found 5 pips, 4 germinated, 3 survived.... they sit in big pots on window sills, no special treatment, no special food! I did put a placcy bag over the pot that they germinated in, and they go mad everytime I repot, have to restrain them a little! ~ Largest is 3 foot high now, so space may become an issue. I've heard that drafts can cause leaf drop but not terminal and that leaves will come back, however my triffid oranges haven't read those books...possibly they only read Arabic?
Good luck! Sorry I can't be more helpful,  :-\

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 10:04:47 »
I've got lemon growing in my conservatory and it lives in there all year round. They need protection through the winter but can be left outdoors in a sunny sheltered spot in the summer. They have a tendency to suffer with scale. But it's fairly easy to get some small fruits on a tree. They seem to grow happily in pots and just need potting up every year or so. I'm not sure if limes are more difficult to grow.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

supagranz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 16:22:14 »
Many thanks i may give them a go even oranges as well
Live to-day as if its your last as one day it surely will be

carloso

• Acre
  • sprouts gimmie wind
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 04:19:45 »
I read some where (local paper i believe) Man grew orange and Lemon trees and used a bit of heat under them until they where well established byt the sounds of it they where well pampered to lol

carl
another member of i forgot my password

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 09:53:10 »
I have a mandarin/lemon cross - small round yellow fruit - in my conservatory.  It's about 2.5ft now I guess and is loaded with fruit - to the extent that some of the branches are bending right to the ground!  It does get scale on it sometimes and likes to be misted in the summer months when I leave it in the garden.   :)
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal