Author Topic: Scared stiff  (Read 2440 times)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re: Scared stiff
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 10:21:44 »
Have pm'd you Richard.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 10:27:48 »
Good luck Richard and don't worry about it.   :)  As others have said, the fact that the antibiotics didn't do anything suggests it is probably the virus that is doing the rounds at the moment.   :(

I've had this flu type bug for eleven days now and it certainly attacks the bronchial tubes.  Yesterday I felt marginally better but had a dreadful night last night trying to clear the tubes and nasal passages.  Like you I feel I cannot breathe.  This morning I am really croaky and can hardly speak.    :(

I had this flu last year and the year before and on each occasion it lasted for 6 weeks.  I went to the GP then but there wasn't anything they could do.  I haven't bothered to go this time as I don't want to spread it around.   :(

I will insist that I get a flu jab this coming winter for although I will not be officially old enough to have it, I have found people 20 years younger than me whose GP's have given it to them.

Well Richard, good luck today and please, please don't worry at this stage.  There are so many things it could be that are treatable either with stronger antibiotics or with time.  Chin up and a big smile eh!  ;D

Best wishes
Pauline

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 11:22:06 »
Richard, I echo all the good wishes that everyone else has sent you.  It is natural to think the worst but there are a hundred and one other things that could be wrong with your chest and like most people have suggested, a virus infection is the most likely. There are some nasty ones out there at the moment, that don't always respond to first treatment. I too am suffering from an infection which involves the lungs, so there are a lot of chesty things around just now. I will be waiting to hear your news, and send all my good wishes and good thoughts to you.  love busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2006, 11:23:28 »
echoing others' best wishes. do let us know how you get on today.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2006, 14:22:45 »
HOPE EVERYTHING WENT OK TODAY  :)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal