Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 2739 times)

Bucky

• Not So New ...
Goodbye
« on: June 09, 2006, 17:08:00 »
:-[When we originally got our Allotment early last year, we thought it would be a joint project for myself and my husband.  Unfortunately, due to ill health we have had to give notice.  I just wanted to thank you all for your support and advice which was beyond compare.

Good luck everybody and thanks again

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 17:11:22 »
 :'(

Really sorry to hear that Bucky. Will you be able to garden at home instead? You can still check in, lots of people on here do not have lotties. Hope you can still join in on things here, please dont feel that you have given notice here too.

;)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 17:12:10 »
Very SAD. All the best. = Tim

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 17:40:33 »
Bucky, don't disappear altogether! 

Not everyone comes on here just because they have an allotment, if you have a garden, enjoy wildlife, cooking etc you can still get a lot from the site, there are planty of people without allotments who post on here.

I am really sorry to hear you or your husband is unwell look in from time to time just for the company, or a chat....

Take care and hope all is well soon.

Tulippa

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 17:45:35 »
Please don't go! I've had a really rough three years work attendance down to 52% last year and am just coming round again now, long term illness can be a real pain ( no pun intended) but you need to keep up contacts and this is a nice easy way to do it!
 :(

Bucky

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 18:20:28 »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 18:23:08 by Bucky »

Bucky

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 18:21:28 »
Thank you all so much.  We do have a small garden where we have some lovely plants growing.  We will keep in touch.  We were really looking forward to a great year on the allotment this year, but it was too much for me to do alone.  We will still carry on regardless in the garden.   I didn't realise about the wildlife though.  Last year was the first time we had some wrens nesting in our birdbox and I got some great pics.  I have attached one for you.  Don't know what happened though, its come on a separate message above this one. !!!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 18:44:34 »
I've had long spells off work, first with ME, later with depression, so I know what it feels like. Just stay around.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 18:56:49 »
What a fabulous photo Bucky! - pix of this quality are always lovely to see and worthy of Dan's monthly competition, so, you see, there's lots to stay around for - how can you deprive us of the pleasure? :)

So please stay around for the flowers, the wildlife and the friendship (oh! and the veggies you can grow in with your flowers) ;D

Love from Lishka (no lottie & no camera...) x

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 18:59:03 »
Hang in there Bucky, i have had such support from my friends from A4A,. I have been ill on and off for the last 7yrs so just keep your chin up and stay here, we havent got an allotment anymore but there is so much more than that on here.
Unstinting , help and support , advice, help , joy sympathy, laughter, i could go on now you see why we are all here for each other, and panic like hell when the sight has a hiccup or two like recently, this is one of the best places to be trust me i know.  OK I shall shut up now and go  see you here on a regular basis. Rosebud.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 19:28:40 »
Stay put Bucky, we will get you back on track
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 20:13:26 »
Don't say goodbye ... perhaps Au revoir ... but so know what you might be facing .. OH awaits full blown reconstruction on his spine -  has been for nearly three years now  ... guaranteed to take untold time out of one's life, and even then who knows if there Will be success :-\.   

I have found that it's friendships like these that get you through the 'thin' times.  It allows you to step  outside reality for a while ... take care of yourself and hope to talk to you soon  ;)

PM me if you feel like a rant ... I have someone for that too (( hug )) :)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Bucky

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 20:37:53 »
I am so lost for words, your thoughts and sentiments are so touching.  My husband has a rare eye condition that has no cure at the moment, which means his eyesight is dwindling day by day, which is the reason we had to give up.

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.

Lots of love

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 21:28:18 »
Bucky another member here saying don't leave this site. I only have a small garden, getting on a bit and can't always do what I want to. I have made so many virtual friends since joining and thoroughly enjoy all aspects of the site. Only this year I started bird feeding/watching as a new hobby and the help I have been given is fantastic..Sorry to hear about your husband. A4A will be something that you can both enjoy.
Best wishes Lorna.

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 22:06:17 »
Hey Bucky, have you ever thought about the NO DIG way, which you spead loads of compost over the plot,water well, then cover the area with black plastic, and plant through the plastic, this way you'll save a load of work for you, you get the rewards, and still have some were to go, a place to enjoy in the summertime,
if you place flowers around the sides of the growing areas youll encourage wildlife into the area to help kill off pests, and you and your husband will enjoy them,
so dont give up so soon, read up about it and ask on here for more advise,
catch you soon
windy
PS my dad had 3 strokes and lost the sight of both eye before he passed away, and still enjoyed his gardening, he could tell you what flower he had and where it was by the smell and texture,
my allotment
heaven

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 14:33:07 »
So sorry you are going Bucky and that your husband has an awful eye condition.  As others have said you would be very welcome if you still wanted to hang around, and you could still grow stuff in a simple way in your garden. Wishing you all the best whatever you decide.  :) busy_lizzie
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 23:59:25 by busy_lizzie »
live your days not count your years

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 22:16:00 »
Hey I don't want you to go either! Would love to see some more of your photos...to The Gallery with you!!  Why not enter the competiton?It's on every month.  Chat about your garden at home. Grow some veg in containers? Chit chat in the shed. There's still loads for you to do on here.  Don't go.

I wish you and your husband all the best.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 22:37:34 »
ditto everything above Bucky.  I've only got a back garden at the moment but everything that's growing in it is down to these fine people on A4A.

Times are probably gonna get tough and this mob will have you splitting your sides with laughter.

Best wishes to you and your hubbie, but don't disappear !!!

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal