Author Topic: Annual Lupin 'sweet pea scented'  (Read 1668 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Annual Lupin 'sweet pea scented'
« on: June 16, 2006, 20:04:58 »
Hi.  I'm trying this for the first time this year and I'm growing just three plants (for pots).  When they had four true leaves I pinched them out and they duly bushed out as I'd hoped.  They are now about 12" tall and one is in bud.  I've just potted them on into 10" pots into their final growing position which is in semi-shade.  My question is, why do two of the plants seem to think they are 'trailing' varieties whereas the third is bolt upright as I'd expected?  They have all been treated exactly the same.   ???

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
Re: Annual Lupin 'sweet pea scented'
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 16:33:44 »
I don't think it matters too much whether they're upwardly or downwardly mobile because AT LEAST THEY HAVEN'T ALL BEEN EATEN.

(sob!)
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 17:23:01 »
Amazin' you're back.   ;D  Is your pooter better?

Awww, sorry to hear about your Lupins.   >:(  When I realised I'd bought slug food I paistakingly rubbed a two inch band of vaseline around the rim of the pots and then rubbed sea salt crystals into the vaseline.  So far, so good.  But I won't be growing this particular plant again unless the flowers turn out to be stunning.  It looks so untidy.   ::)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 00:01:23 »
They're not quite dead, they're just very very very naked.

Mind you, you did warn me!

Re the computer - I've had terrible trouble. Regardless of what programme I was running, the screen would freeze after 20 minutes max. I tried running a virus scan but - of course - before it could complete... it froze! The only thing to do was switch off and on again, but that just seemed to make it worse, as it then froze after 5 minutes! I've just stayed away from it for a little while (to keep my hands off it, more than anything - do computers have wringable necks?). Then tonight I gave it a terrifying experience with a Hoover and - well, I've been online for two hours so far!

That's probably jinxed it now.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 07:46:58 »
Are you on Windows, and if so, what version? I'm on 98 SE still, and I had a similar experience after the kids downloaded Kazaa, which is a notoriously buggy spyware-laden monstrosity.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 20:39:49 »
LOL   ;D

G x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 20:17:04 »
Well, here it is, catching the evening sunlight.  The bottom petals turn pale pink as they age and it smells nice if you get close enough to it!  G x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 20:10:23 »
Just to prove my previous statement.   :)  G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal