Author Topic: Honesty seeds to give away  (Read 4497 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Honesty seeds to give away
« on: July 23, 2006, 23:01:22 »
Hi.  I know that Lorna, Autumn Beauty, Marianne and Busy Lizzie were after some Honesty seeds.  They are ready now so please PM me your details.  Would be nice to know how many you want - roughly - because they make quite big plants.  I'm sure I'll have plenty to spare so if anyone else wants any, you know what to do.   :)  Here's a pic.  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Stan0406

• Quarter Acre
Re: Honesty seeds to give away
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 23:18:53 »
If you have any spare - then I would be really grateful if you could post me some. (only a few)Do you want anything in retyrn, and also as this is the 1st time I have responded to a swap, could you let me know what I have to do.
Many thanks.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 23:56:31 »
Will pm you Georgie,  Thanks very much.  Lovely of you to remember us!   :-* busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 13:07:20 »
Hi Stan.  If you send me a Personal Message - you can do that by clicking on the paper scroll icon which appears under my details in my messages - you can give me your name and address and I'll pop some in the post.  I don't want anything in return but thanks for the offer.   :)

Busy Lizzie.  Remember?  Me?  I have to write everything down!   ;)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

shirlthegirl43

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 09:50:56 »
Hi Georgie,

Do you have any seeds left? 

I have been looking for Honesty but the place I remember it growing wild seems to have been treated with weedkiller as there are none growing there this year!

Would very much appreciate a few seeds please, do they germinate easily?

Thanks and happy gardening
Shirley 

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 15:20:06 »
Georgie. I am sure you have my address!!!!(you have sent me so many seeds over the past year). Looking forward to growing a few Honesty.
Kind regards Lorna.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 21:20:31 »
Hi Shirley.  I've still got seed to spare so please PM me your details.  I find the seeds germinate very easily so it shouldn't be a problem.   ;D

Yes Lorna, I know where you live!  ;)

G x

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 21:39:51 »
Hi
Thanks so much Georgie
Cant see my 'lottie being ready before Autumn
so best to save them until next year,
Cant wait have wanted some Honesty for years  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 21:44:38 »
I agree that it's a lovely plant.  Since I've been gathering the seed for people here I've now got a few lovely stalks of silver seed pods in a vase on my table.  Must take a pic and show you all.   ;D

G x

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 08:30:44 »
Georgie, I have received my seeds. They are brilliant and so beautifully packaged.  Thanks so much!  :-* busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 15:43:42 »
Glad they arrrived safely and you are most welcome.   ;D

G x

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 16:41:18 »
Don't suppose you have any seeds left, do you please.?   :-*

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 20:44:35 »
Yes, Travman, still have some to spare.  PM me your details and I'll pop some in the post.   :)

G x

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 13:07:02 »
Seeds arrived this morning with such pretty packaging, thanks so much I cant wait to be able to plant all my bits and bobs. Have bought a Hosta today from Aldi to go in the cottage garden part of my new 'lottie, when its ready !!
Sons bought me a digital camera so hoping to be able to take some snaps and put them on the site. Dan will be begging me not to bother as I'm so thick with this computing game  ???
Thanks again Georgie by next year this time I may have some seeds to give to you   ;)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 15:11:24 »
You're welcome, Chocolate.   :)  How are you going to keep the slugs and snails off your Hosta?  I'm interested because Lorna has kindly sent me some Hosta seed and I don't want it ruined.  Can't wait to see your pics and don't worry, if I can post pictures, anyone can.  If you get stuck there's quite a bit of advice dotted around the site or PM me and I'll try to talk you through it. 

G x

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 16:09:17 »
Chocolate. Like Georgie I have got to think up ideas to keep slugs away from Hostas!! That's of course if I get germination. My son has given me a whole reel of cable which I hope to strip the copper out of (keep me amused in the dark evenings ;D) alternatively grandson (mechanic) said he could buy me a reel of copper brake pipe at a reasonable price. Have to think on that one!!
Georgie... sorry hi=jacking thread.
Lorna

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 17:47:27 »
Not at all, Lorna, I started it!  I've just invested in 8m of sticky-back copper tape which cost me £13 with postage and packing.  I know that sounds expensive but it was the best deal I could find - the standard charge seems to be £9 for 4m plus P&P.   >:(  A word of warning though.  It seems that the stuff also needs to be sharp to deter snails (the instructions tell you to cut a frill into the tape and turn it upwards) so it you are making your own you might need to make it like barbed wire!   ::)

G x

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 19:06:17 »
Didn't think about slugs and snails, I've got one in a pot at the front of my bungalow but its all concrete so they are all right. Might try plan B and leave them here.   :P
Thanks all for your offers of help with the pictures  but honestly I really am thick so I can see me taking you up on that offer.
Mind I've got to take the pictures first  ::)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 19:12:46 »
Georgie. OMG. More difficult than I thought!!

shirlthegirl43

• Not So New ...
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 20:50:34 »
Georgie.  Thanks very much for the seeds.  They arrived this morning and as others have said, what pretty packaging.  That is the most original way to pack seeds I have ever seen!

Are there any particular tips for planting them - when where etc so I make sure I am successful.

Thanks again and happy gardening
Shirley

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal