Author Topic: Honesty seeds to give away  (Read 4498 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Honesty seeds to give away
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 20:52:02 »
Lorna, Here is a pic of my hosta, which hasn't a mark on it.  It is on granite chippings and right beside our pond where we have lots of frogs.  It was a bit vulnerable when it was small, but I don't have any problems with it now.  It might look a bit patchy but that is because I have just watered the hanging basket which is above it, so it has a bit of water on the leaves -  otherwise it's perfect!  :) busy_lizzie

live your days not count your years

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 20:57:11 »
BL.  Is that tall boy?

Shirley.  Glad the seeds arrived safely.  I'm afraid I don't know what variety the Honesty seeds are as my plants were originally grown from seed passed on by a friend at work.  I do know Honesty likes a semi-shaded spot.  I'm going to plant a few seeded this weekend (which is what would have happened naturally) and if they fail save some more until the spring.  Hope this helps.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 22:49:48 »
busy-lizzie. That looks absolutely beautiful. I have never had one in my garden so thought I would try next year. I got the seeds from Ventnor Botanic Gardens when we went on holiday.. My niece in Cliffe (Kent) has got many in her garden . I have only visited their home once (so many family) unfortunately that was for my great niece's funeral. Anyhow I was taken with them but haven't done anything about it until now..At last I am getting away from geraniums and fuchsias ;D
Lorna

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 14:25:33 »
I have already PM'd Georgie to thank her for the honesty seeds but would just like to add to what others have said regarding packaging.. Are there no limits to what this lady can achieve :)
Georgie haven't seen the pic yet (silver seed pods) :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 10:24:22 »
Here they are, Lorna.   ;D  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 11:02:03 »
Thank you Georgie. They look great. When mine produce seed pods I will get my daughter to arrange them for me. I am absolutely hopeless (but I can arrange a mean set of ledgers LOL)
Lorna

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 13:21:54 »
Thanks, Lorna.  I usually have the vase on the table in front of the window but obviously I would take the picture there.  I just threw the stems in as you can probably tell.   ;)

G x

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 18:38:35 »
Hai Georgy, thanks for the seeds, received them today ( from sister in UK) Thanks

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 20:28:27 »
Oh good, thanks for letting me know.  :)

G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal