Author Topic: Batten Down the Hatches  (Read 1461 times)

nippie

• Acre
Batten Down the Hatches
« on: September 21, 2006, 20:31:21 »
Look at "ex-hurrican" Gordon in Torbay. We have really had to batten down the hatches.
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5293/weather003go3.jpg[/img]
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Batten Down the Hatches
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 20:35:25 »
Yes, we are in for it tonight apparently, especially down your way and Wales and SW Scotland.  I have just been outside and it is balmy out there.  There is a strong warm wind blowing.  Crazy temperatures for this time of year.  You cant hardly believe its late September and into Autumn.   ??? ??? ??? ???

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 20:38:31 »
After a nice hot day here in Nott's the wind is picking up tonight  :( I fear it will not be such a good day tomorrow.
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 20:43:35 »
The Met Office is promising a dry few days, while Metcheck say it'll rain tomorrow mornong. I hope Metcheck are right! The stream ran for a couple of weeks after the last rain, so the water table is rising steadily, but it's been dry again today.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:57:45 by Robert_Brenchley »

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 20:47:19 »
We have had a super day here, although windy it has been quite warm. It still is actually but the wind now is very strong. We have put in extra canes for the raspberries because they were going all over the place and we have had to take down the umbrella over the table on the patio. There was a good chance it would have landed up in the harbour if we hadn't  :o ;D ;D
Not a lot of rain forcast for here, but it wouldn't go amiss if it did
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 22:16:16 »
Lovely day here in the Fens. I have been doing bookwork most of the day. (That is what I like doing most next to gardening).Another day of bookworks tomorrow then hopefully if all in order a weekend of gardening.
Lorna

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 22:30:43 »
It was 31 degrees when I went to fetch the urchins from school!  There was a strong wind blowing, but it was a hot one.  My neighbour told me it felt like an autumn day in Spain where she used to live!  Rain is forecast here in Essex in the early hours through until dawn, but then it is going to be hot hot hot all weekend!  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 23:26:41 »
EJ Good!! Looks like I WILL have my week end of gardening.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal