Author Topic: Cucumber seeds wanted  (Read 3264 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Cucumber seeds wanted
« on: September 28, 2006, 23:59:33 »
Does anyone have 3 or 4 seeds of any of the following: Danimas, Pepita, Rocky or any other mini type for the greenhouse please?
I have lots of varieties of tomato, courgette and aubergine seeds if anyone is interested in a swap for cucs.

Tricia

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Re: Cucumber seeds wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:10 »
Hi Tricia,
Did you get fixed up with you cukes?? I've got some west Indian Gerkin spare if you want some.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 13:07:12 »
Thanks - but I'm still looking for mini cucumber seeds. As I'm a one person household the normal length cucs are a waste for me.

Tricia

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 18:49:40 »
tricia, your inbox is full - I have some Marketmore to share if you'd like some :)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 20:13:57 »
Thanks SS - but it is the mini-cucumber varieties for the greenhouse  I'm looking for. I only have room for 4 plants in my very small GH, so I was hoping to beg the seeds I'll need for next year. I have lots of different tomato or courgette seeds to swap - in fact I have so many packets of veggie seeds just ask as it's more than likely I'll have some ;D.

Tricia

thewoodle

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 15:59:48 »
I have some melothrie seed or some wautoma seed (both are from the real seed catalogue if you want to read about them online). Both can be grown in a greenhouse or outdoors. We were really happy with both. I also tried pickling the melothrie this year which worked well. If you're interested meybe you could tell me what kind of tomato seed you have?

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 20:02:41 »
Thanks anyway thewoodle, but I've checked the varieties you have and they are not what I'm after.

Danimas, Rocky, Pepita, Zeina are the ones I'm looking for, but I guess I'll just have to buy the 4 plants I need from the garden centre this year. They won't cost more than a packet of mini cucumber seeds!! A pity they are all F.1 varieties or I would have saved some seed this year. :(.

Tricia

growgirl

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 21:10:16 »
Hi tricia,

Quite late, but I found this - not a variety you wanted but it's small and inexpensive :)

http://www.alanromans.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=4&P_ID=581&strPageHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=188

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 23:47:36 »
Hi growgirl,

I've just looked back at my replies to the offers I've received - I must come across as very picky! Thanks for the link to Alan Romans (I like his new website!) I've been buying seeds from him for a couple of years now and had already checked his catalogue out and stocked up with several other veggie seeds, but a yellow cucumber just doesn't appeal - sorry!.
As I'd had no success with the swap shop forum I decided to wait to see what I could find in Canada. I'm going to visit my sister in December and will check out the garden centres there for seeds.

Thanks anyway :)

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal