Author Topic: Unnessesary Packaging  (Read 739 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Unnessesary Packaging
« on: December 28, 2006, 19:03:42 »
The packaging on some of these toys is ridiculus,  >:( I know lotties on this site have complained about packaging before but not only is there far to much but my daugthers brats dolls and other toys are strapped to the boxes with plastic ties and sellotape she couldn't open them herself :(  :D :-*. But one good thing come out of it I saved the ties for my tomatoes loads of them there was, did anyone else find a use for their rubbish.
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Unnessesary Packaging
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 22:59:03 »
I have so much cardboard it is a joke!  The council do now collect cardboard as part of our recycling, but I do keep looking at it and thinking I might be able to put it down under the apple trees on the plot to keep the weeds down for me.  What do you think....a good idea?

I do recycle all the chrissy cards by making the pics into labels for next years gifts.  Then all the envelopes, along with all junk mail and confidential stuff gets shredded and bagged up and used as mulch on the plot.  I have 4 big bags full after the festivities and they are all going to go in the bottom of my runner bean trench!  ;D

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 23:14:03 »
You have reminded me, I have lots of newspapers in my shed, I must tear them up to use as mulch on my strawberries this year, I tried it a couple of years ago with success.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:27:04 »
we also mulch up the potatoes, as per bob flowerdew, once the soil gets too high, then cover with grass clippings, seems to work for us  :)
I recycle the cards by making new ones out of them,
all cardboard goes for mulching up somewhere, under fruit, covering spaces until they're needed, apart from the really silly coloured ones, and small ones like pill packets go in the composter in the garden, as much as I can  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:29:44 by manicscousers »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal