Author Topic: Todays Bargain  (Read 1849 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Todays Bargain
« on: December 29, 2006, 20:46:49 »
OH wanted new xmas tree for next year:

Went to B&Q. Xmas stuff all had 75% 0ff marked price. 7.5ft xmas tree was advertised as £90, then £45. Till put it through as £30. Manager said it should have been £45 as £90 was half original price. Original price was nowhere to be seen. Argued the toss with the manager and eventually got this £180 tree for £22. He then took all others off-line! Not bothered about that.  :)

Also got 2 freeview boxes with double sscarts reduced from £55 to £35. Bought only 1 extended 3yr warranty. If one goes down i get a replacement no questions. They dont know which box the warranty is for as they're both the same. No point buying 2.   ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
Re: Todays Bargain
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 20:54:01 »
I might have to go and look at the freeview boxes - ours went pop a fortnight before Christmas so we've been without TV since. Ours has gone back to the manufacturer to be repaired, but we're fed up being TV-less. Sounds like a bargain!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 20:59:44 »
Got Ferguson model from Currys. It'll be hard to beat a £180 xmas tree for £22 quid though ;D

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 22:38:06 »
Any lunatic who is willing to pay 180 quid for a Christmas tree deserves everything they get.
If ever they want to buy a second hand car please send them my way

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:29:58 »
we've just bought a freeview box from aldi, about 22.00,

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:33:14 »
Had similiar kind of luck at my local Focus a couple of months ago.

Needed a new hedge trimmer and they were advertising 25% off marked prices.   Saw a JCB one with a powerful motor and long cutting blade that I liked marked at £40 so went to till expecting to pay £30.   Was told at till that the £40 was after the discount!!!   

Wasn't very happy with this as could not see any signs anywhere in the store explaining this so asked for the manager.   Manager and I had a discussion regarding their signage and I left with a nice new hedge trimmer costing £20.   Did notice the following day that the signage had been updated though

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 10:06:24 »

Also got 2 freeview boxes with double sscarts reduced from £55 to £35. Bought only 1 extended 3yr warranty. If one goes down i get a replacement no questions. They dont know which box the warranty is for as they're both the same. No point buying 2.   ;D ;D

Good job you have the 3 year warranty, if they are the same ones as I got from b&q last year they only lasted just over the year.

I got the money back on one as I got it later and used the later receipt for the earlier broken one.

We have now gone and got a super duper pvr with freeview in the sales for the telly in the west wing (box room).

Yellow Petals

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 12:44:28 »
For those of you who have the freeview set top boxes, may I please ask which channels come with those?  My friend has just moved and can no longer afford to pay for her Sky+ so I suggested maybe a freeview but then realised I have no idea which channels these boxes pick up?  I see they are all different prices, do the price increases relate to the models or the more you pay the more channels you get?

Thanks, Sam :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 13:32:18 »
http://www.freeview.co.uk/channels/

You can get more if you pay for a top up card

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 14:11:30 »
I suggested maybe a freeview but then realised I have no idea which channels these boxes pick up?  I see they are all different prices, do the price increases relate to the models or the more you pay the more channels you get?

Ensure you get one with 2 scart sockets or you will have to keep changing leads if you plug in dvd players into the tv. Mine also has a text option and gives information on the current program. You can view the tv guide same way as sky or cable on the Ferguson model I bought.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal