Author Topic: How to get a shed to site?  (Read 1139 times)

oelph

• Not So New ...
How to get a shed to site?
« on: April 14, 2007, 18:35:31 »
Might seem a stupid question but how have people gotten their sheds to site if you don't know anyone with a large van or truck? I can't see any shed - new or second hand, fitting in our car.

Edit: Actually just looked up the price of van rental. Only about £40 for a day so there is a possibility of finding a nice second hand shed for about £50 in the local adds then lumping it to site. £90 is still better than £250! :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 18:54:58 by oelph »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: How to get a shed to site?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 19:08:59 »
Look in your evening local paper, you will probably find small removal men who will do it for much less as long as you have it dismatled first,I would think £15 is about right.They will move a three pice suite in our area for that XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 19:28:24 »
Try Freecycle for a shed - just dismantled and carried away a perfectly good shed this afternoon for nothing ;D OH has van so that is an enormous bonus, but if you can freecycle shed and then hire van could save youself pennies  ;D

beachlover

• Not So New ...
  • Isle of Wight
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 19:36:21 »
I got my 6x4 shed of freecycle too.
Tied the whole lot to the roof of my Suzuki Wagon R. Bit of a hairy 10 mile drive, but it's all up and running now!

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 19:48:17 »
Where are you oelph ?? OH says if you are local to us he will move the shed for you no worries  :D

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 21:06:04 »
We had our shed delivered to the house, and then carried the wretched thing up to the lottie, past the pub, backwards and fowards all morning!! Gave all the old boys a laugh, in the endthey bought us both a drink :)
 The big shed caused us even more fun!
 4 people(one with a heart condition, one with his arm in plaster, me with my ankle strapped up, and my friend who is only tiny) a very elderly land rover, and lots of bad language. ;D ;D

oelph

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 22:08:17 »
Thanks for the replies :)  Had a chuckle thanks to Cookie!

We're in Plymouth, Devon but thanks for the offer anyway Greenscrump.

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 09:55:22 »
If you have a dismantled one I'd second the idea of looking for a moving man/man with van. Some of them around here do an hourly rate so you might find someone happy to earn a bit of cash for half hour's work dropping it off for you. :)

Tina.

oelph

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 21:44:16 »
Thanks Tina, thats another good suggestion that I'll check out :)

Carls3168

• Half Acre
    • The Pellon Allotment
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 15:06:37 »
I would NOT reccomend like this!!!  :) :) :)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 16:20:02 »
I bought mine online and it was delivered to my allotment. This was in October last year from Gardenbuildingsdirect. The driver asked me how i managed to get the office to deliver to my allotment without any fuss (he said they usually do but often take it to the buyers address and then follow them to the allotment). I gave the postcode of my allotment as part of the delivery address and my mobile phone number for delivery. the guy was very helpful.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal