Author Topic: Another newbie!  (Read 1277 times)

More courgettes?

• Not So New ...
Another newbie!
« on: May 16, 2007, 20:45:25 »
I'm anothr newbie. I've just taken over half an allotment, and am ridiculously excited about it. I've rediscovered a bed, which was hiding beneath clumps of couch grass. I've added plenty of nice rotted compost, done oodles of digging and weeding, and two days ago planted my first seeds... All I have to do now is clear another bed, then another, and plant, and water, and...

Looking forward to hearing lots of advice from you experienced folks out there...
 :)
So many courgettes, so little time... :-)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
Re: Another newbie!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 20:58:04 »
Welcome MC.  Sounds like you have made a good start.  Strange just how excited one can get by all this growing n stuff - luckily you are in good company on this site with loads of people who understand all about it - & who know loads about how to do it too.  Wish I did.  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 21:09:33 »
Welcome from me too. Sadly I too suffer from the Justgottagrosumore disease,but we have a good support group here,you can't cure it but there is lots of sufferers who can help you live with it!!! Be aware the complaint often leads to Justgottahaveafewmorseeds,one symptom is when you start talking a lot about cow poo but most of us do eventually come down with that  too. Good Luck XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 16:33:32 »
welcome, mc..hope you get loads of stuff from your first seeds, the first harvest is amazing  ;D

Deva Duke

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 17:27:39 »
Hello MC., Hope the back is holding up with all that digging and weeding. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your plot! Good luck DD

More courgettes?

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 17:44:46 »
The back is fine, but the back of my thighs were a bit sore for a few days!

And photos... Why didn't I think of that?? I should have taken some before I started... Oh well, better now than later, I guess!
So many courgettes, so little time... :-)

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 08:46:24 »
Nice to meet you MC  :) (You should have been here last month - you could have joined in the synchronised Sussex rain-dancing!) Looking forward to your pics  ;)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 11:15:09 »
Hellooooo. Yep, funny how exciting it is - especially when things start growing.
Welcome - never stuck for an answer or a giggle here! 8)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 12:00:09 »
Welcome - just a word of warning - this site is nearly as addictive as growing your own fruit and veg - so watch out!

Kathi :D
Kathi :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal