Author Topic: Yay I'm back!  (Read 2001 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Yay I'm back!
« on: June 09, 2007, 15:19:27 »
Sorry not been on for ages - internet been off and its been horrendous - its just awful not having the net, I've been feeling anxious and all sorts.

Anyway NTL/virgin delivered new modem today - not sorted it out completely - still on and off but at least i can get on!

We have a website now for out association - www.cgaa.org.uk

My card business has taken off.

Proper job is depressing and i have an interview for a new job - same money but 1/2 the hours which means more time on the lotty.

So all in all things havent been too bad

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Yay I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 15:32:56 »
Welcome back, that must have been agony to have been without a connection for so long.  Good luck with your new job too.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 17:05:41 »
hiya, olive..glad to see you back ;D

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 17:09:52 »
And welcome back from me.

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 19:22:22 »
welcome back you  :) What's the card business ??  I would love to work part time  - best of luck with the interview, when and what for ???? (dead nosey me  ;D)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 22:25:40 »
As Peters and Lee once said  welcome home welcome, come on in and close the door, (what ever happened to them).  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 22:34:18 »
Welcome back OO good to have you back & good luck with the interview.  :)

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 00:44:28 »
Welcome back.. ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 21:28:20 »
Hey its great to be back!  Feeling a bit lost at the moment with stuff going on at home... not sure this new job is viable now - OH left me today.  It was coming for a long time but he's left me to find the rent money for next week and car that need road tax not to mention everything else so am feeling very strapped right now and wondering how the next month will pan out!  Oh well at least i still have my plots! ;D

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 22:28:21 »
I'm so sorry OO, it must be a horrid time for you - I think quite a few of us have been there & got the t-shirt so know how you feel. - maybe though a new job is just what you need to give your confidence a boost.   :)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 22:33:17 »
The new job would be great but i would get slightly less money though the hours would be 50% less... so not sure i could afford to take the pay cut, although maybe there would be opp for overtime i dont know.  I'll still go for the interview - it would also mean driving 50miles round trip 3 days/week rather than the 6 per day now...

Sat here alone at home, kids in bed and not sure what to do with myself.  I know there are a few of us going through it at the moment.  So i know i'm in good hands with the support from you lot!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 22:47:38 »
Oh Olive. Sorry you're having a crap time.  :( You know we are all here for you though anytime.  ;)
What a sh*t to leave you with no money.  >:( >:( >:( He must know he has to support his children.
At least your business is taking off. Apply for housing benefit etc to tide you over and protect you from eviction if it all goes tits up. It'll come good, don't worry. Big loves for you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 23:12:34 »
THey aren't his children - we have been together over 4 years though.  Cant get housing benefit as I've done the thing online and i earn too much, wont be buying anymore bits n bobs for the garden... was really after loads of little 9cm square pots but they will have to wait now. Good job i have loads of seed - no worries about starving - I put in about 20kg of spuds LOL  Lots of onions and peas... must get sowing again though.

I've worked out tax credits but it just enough to get by. I hate not having money - i have money saved but i wanted to use taht for a deposit on a house one day!

Must get selling more cards - that will help as i have loads of stock here. LOL

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 12:49:16 »
how many pots do you want, olive, we'll see what we can find..my sister had the same thing happen, he left her with a 4 year old to bring up..sounds like you've plenty on your plate..cyber hugs and good wishes on the way  :)

newbies

• Half Acre
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 12:59:35 »
Sorry to hear of your troubles Olive, I've been there myself.
The best revenge is to just get on without him, so they say!
Sending you hugs.  ;) ;)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 14:47:04 »
 :-\

OO how I feel for you, it's cr@p when stuff like that happens. Hope you are keeping your chin up and have lots of support around. If there is anything us cyber-buddies can do to help, just yell.

K x

;)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 19:02:12 »
Hi OO, sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time of it  :'(

Go for the interview anyway if you feel in the right frame of mind, if it's half the hours then it might give you chance to do a second job (closer to home?) and earn extra dosh, plus you'll have more time to get on with the cards.  (Jealous by the way, i've been thinking of starting to sell my wedding stationery for a while, but it's the investment you need to make in the equipment to start off isn't it  :o )

Anyhow, thinking of you & sending you cyber best wishes & positive vibes for the next few weeks x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 20:55:31 »
hi Olive. Oh, ok, well still, he shouldn't have left you in the lurch. Either way you'll be fine.   ;D    What sort of cards are you selling? Have you got a site? Plug plug.  ;)
Hit Freecycle up for some pots, they are usually pretty good and this time of year people are buying loads of bedding so there might be lots about.
Sending loads of hugs to you. X
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal