Author Topic: it's a bit early , but  (Read 1082 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
it's a bit early , but
« on: June 10, 2007, 07:52:11 »
can we all pray for a good weekend's weather next week
we're having a big, family bbq next saturday to celebrate all the good things that have and are happenng this year, ray's 60, we've been married 35 years, his dad's 88, father's day, his mum's 88, sam's, so far, safe pregnancy, we're all getting together before i go in for my op, the only time all my children can make it together..its going to be brilliant
so, what are you celebrating this year and what are you thankful for..?   :)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: it's a bit early , but
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:04:18 »
Will do!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 14:05:19 »
A Special Year for my family, well it is sort of.  My late Mother and Mother in law would have been 90 today.  My Ma didnt make it by couple of months, lost Ma in law at 82.  (Yes both Mothers born the same day and in the same County, they played together as young uns).   It is my Ruby Wedding end of September - cor, 40 years with the same bloke, quite an achievement for nowadays and off course I was a child bride.  I also reach the big ** this August.  We don't have any celebrations in mind.   I just can't believe I have reached such a large number.    ::) ::) ::) ::)

I am grateful for good health.  I have niggles but when I look round about me at folk my age I think I have been truly blessed.  OH keeps in reasonable health as well so hopefully with all these landmarks in our life this year this will continue.   ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 14:12:20 by Carol »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 17:26:27 »
My Dad is 80 in a couple of weeks, my brother was 50 last month, my daughter's 18 in July, as is her cousin, my son's 21 in October! Sounds like a good idea to celebrate them all at once, but we weren't that organised! Oh, and my other daughter's 14 tomorrow, just in case she feels left out!

Fingers crossed for next weekend- that would be 3 in a row, though!

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 17:49:25 »
Fingers-crossed from me too. ;D

This year I have a reasonable amount of things to make me a bit smug.

Of course Rob and my 4 beautiful children, who all drive me mad, but wouldn't be without them... ;D

My brother moved down with his pregnent girlfriend last year as my mother kicked them out. He has gone from a continuous pot smoker who spent his life playing computer games, To a brilliant dad, with a full time job for nearly a year, own flat and gorgeous daughter.
  To say that I am grateful to any powers that be, is an understatement and I am also very, very proud of him. And also very grateful that I didn't kill him in the early days when they were staying with us ;D ;D ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 18:06:52 »
i willbe 60 next month just a bit younger than ray my wild child os married and i consider myself lucky to have only broken my ankle and not my neck also being laid up forces you look at your life from a different angle and because i have to rest it after a few hours activity it is teaching me to pace myself. ruby wedding is next year not this but yes 40years i,d have,d been free if i,d had murdered him lol
mmm still time yet
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 18:32:41 »
Manic, bet your life I will have everything crossed for you. Don't forget the pics :)
This year as you know I celebrated the safe arrival of my first Great Grandchild, today I am celebrating the arrival of my sister-in-laws first Great Grandchild (9lb20z!!).
Every morning I wake I treat as a bonus and know that I am able to see the family.
Even after 4 years I still miss Charlie but we were blessed with 50years of marriage so I celebrate that almost every day :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 19:10:34 »
I am thankful that my wayward son has settled down,married and baby on the way which was announced this morning. My sweetie John is my best blessing in life and he is doing well,and his temperment  is  loads better than his memory which is great.

I have to be careful here as he has joined the forum...Love you darling!!!

I still enjoy my job and am able to work past retirement.

In the last year I have gone through a breast lump, a lung shadow, surgery and pneumonia, and I am fine in all those areas.

Life is good .

Manics, I hope your day goes smashing, how lovely to have so much family so close. I envy you that.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 23:22:33 »
Manics - Everything crossed for a brilliant weekend and a lot more of the good stuff.
Jeannine - congratulations on becoming a Nana. You will be an amazing grandma with so much to share and teach the littlie.
This year I am thankful for a lot. last year was horrendous. my OH's mum was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in January, she had to have 6 months of chemo just to give her the year. She died in November. It was the worst year of my life and I am thankful that my daughters are well and healthy and have come through it all ok. We tried to give her the most perfect year and I'm glad we put our all into caring for her.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 23:38:23 »
Emmy, a hug for you  from me XXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 00:54:06 »
Oooh Manics, have a really great weekend. I'll be on my prayer mat for good weather for you, and we will want a picci or 2 of the event! ;D

Like you we await the arrival of a grandchild, our first, 5 weeks to go :D,and the Bearded Wonder is 60 in July, so a big weekend for us then. Familys and friends from here to kingdom come.....great stuff. Always something to look forward to, I try to make sure of that. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal