Author Topic: first harvest  (Read 883 times)

debster

• Hectare
first harvest
« on: June 21, 2007, 19:00:26 »
well i have had my first harvest of rhubarb and spinach (the plants that didnt go to seed that is) and they were both lovely but oh how depressing today going and buying supermarket veg for tea when so much is on its way in the garden still never mind watch this space

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: first harvest
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 19:23:56 »
I share your frustration debster - everything is looking so good out there, but its a little bit off harvest time.

We have had a few peas, and courgettes that we grew in pots.  I'm looking at the broad beans to decide wether to get the gammon this weekend or next!!  The tomatoes are refusing to ripen.  Runner beans have flowers on, but are showing no sign of setting.  It won't be long now though!!

valmarg

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 17:23:59 »
im still not getting any less frustrated i know we asked for rain but not quite that much

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 21:56:04 »
debster, first two tomatoes showing signs of ripening, we have some climbing french beans, not ready for harvest yet, but not far away.  Getting there, slowly but surely!!

As you say, we needed a drop of water, but nowhere near the amount we've had.  I feel so desperately sorry for the A4Aers whose lotties are submerged or even worse their houses.  We are very unlikely to be affected by the floods, but you can't help but feel very, very sorry for those affected.

Rain, rain go away!!

valmarg

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:43:58 »
Lettuce anyone?
 :-X

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal