Author Topic: bbc presenters  (Read 3734 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
Re: bbc presenters
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 07:15:07 »
Speaking as someone who was at the back of the queue for the 'gorgeous' gene, I like Carols attitude to looks. She does what she wants and doesnt care. Its lovely to have presenters who are not picture perfect and embrace age confidently. It is nice to watch tv and not feel I have to start saving for plastic surgery.  :o :o

cj :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:57:04 »
Quite agree Caroline (don't mean about your genes ;D) To me she does seem a down to earth person.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 09:32:56 »
 :))I met Carol years ago on her plant stall at the Harrogate Flower show
she was lovely, chatty and friendly, very down to earth,/ shades x
grow your own way

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 10:27:20 »
I like Carol too.  I started off a bit unsure about her as well, but as the time has gone on I have warmed to her, and I do think she genuinely loves gardening, even if she is over the top with her oohs and aahs! I think she is a very good role model for the older woman.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38:18 »
I agree with you H_P about  the 'dancing' with Bruno Tonioli (who the bl**dy hell is he??).  Give her her due, Carol did look embarrassed.  I think in this instance she was a victim of the general BBC policy of dumbing down!!

valmarg

well Bruno Tonioli is/was one of the 4 judges of 'Strictly Come Dancing' which has become a 'regular' programme on t.v. lasting for about 12 weeks for each new 'series'.....got to confess I just love that programme (being a lover of dance of any sort)

agree with remark about the DM's ;D

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 10:47:39 »
Hello

I like carol too, She is a very lovely person we have met her on the last 2 gardeners world live and chelsea this year she has always been very chatty and talks to my mum who is disabled and in a wheelchair my mum thinks she's great my mum treasures a picture of her & mum at gardeners world live.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 11:36:04 »
Speaking of people being less than perfect, did anyone watching the live earth concert last night notice that one of Madonna's dancers must have been a size 12!!!  I was amazed to see a dancer not the usual size 8. OH reckons its because MAdonna is getting a bit bigger, and by using bigger dancers, she still looks tiny. He could have a point.

Also heard that the pop singer Mika has brought out a song saying how lovely the larger lady is.

If things like this keep happening, shares in Sllimfast are going to plummet ;D ;D ;D

Vegemite

• Quarter Acre
  • Just got my first plot!
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007, 15:36:50 »
Speaking as someone who was at the back of the queue for the 'gorgeous' gene, I like Carols attitude to looks. She does what she wants and doesnt care. Its lovely to have presenters who are not picture perfect and embrace age confidently. It is nice to watch tv and not feel I have to start saving for plastic surgery.  :o :o

hurrah! totally agree with you! (size zero- ya what????)

Allotment Virgin!
Thirty-something Mum of one just taken on an allotment needing lots of work after a twelve month wait. Let the fun begin!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 16:49:29 »

Yes I came over 'all unnessessary' ( is that the way to spell it),  until the doc martins brought me down to earth.

I might be mixing it up with 'mississipi'
I was waiting for that, the doc martins and the pole dancing just finished it for me, ace, admit it, you quite like the 'bag lady'   ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 20:20:23 »
'The old saying of ' Red and Green should never be seen'  looked OK on Carol.  Think I may try it too, well why not,  makes a change from wearing purple with red shoes.

I like Carol whatsername she is down to earth.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 23:30:01 »
Speaking of people being less than perfect, did anyone watching the live earth concert last night notice that one of Madonna's dancers must have been a size 12!!!  I was amazed to see a dancer not the usual size 8. OH reckons its because MAdonna is getting a bit bigger, and by using bigger dancers, she still looks tiny. He could have a point.

Also heard that the pop singer Mika has brought out a song saying how lovely the larger lady is.

If things like this keep happening, shares in Sllimfast are going to plummet ;D ;D ;D

Hi

Yes the new size zero is an 18 the more curves the better.

Cambourne7

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 07:30:00 »
Just found a link for that song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcRiXOONqf0

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 08:06:57 »
caroline. Thanks That has done me the world of good. I will go up town today with head held high!!!! (OK can't be called girl but what the heck!!)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 15:53:56 »

I agree with you H_P about  the 'dancing' with Bruno Tonioli (who the bl**dy hell is he??). 

He's a very famous choreographer who works in films, stage shows and music videos - although more recently he's been a panelist (sp?) on a couple of the Strictly Dance ..... competition programmes. 

Edit:  Oops, I see someone has already replied

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 16:28:40 »

ace, admit it, you quite like the 'bag lady'   ;D

Na, onion breath, doc martins, also my walls are too thin for all the ooohs and aaahs, I would not be able to keep her in the vegetables she was accustomed too and  they hit her a bit too hard with the ugly stick.

Give me Nora Batty anyday

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 20:42:36 »
Such a pity ACE, as Carol always speaks so highly of you.

valmarg

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal