Author Topic: Mozzie Alert - a side effect of the floods.  (Read 1553 times)

oggiesnr

• Not So New ...
    • namejigsaws.com
Mozzie Alert - a side effect of the floods.
« on: August 15, 2007, 18:21:55 »
On Thursday I got bitten by a mozzie, thought nowt of it, I'm a mozzie magnet, it itches for a day or so and then goes.  On Friday my lower leg had swollen, Saturday I went to a chemist who gave me cortisone cream and antihistamines.  By Monday I could barely walk and my foot was swelling.  Couldn't get a GP appointment having held on the line since 8.00am by the time they answered my call all slots had gone! "Oh it's only an insect bite, try the chemist" said receptionist.

Changed GP that day and hobbled to new one on Tuesday who took one look and said "Join a few hundred others in Hull!" and prescribed antibiotics which have started to work.

Evidently the GP would expect to see three inflamed bites a year and is seeing three a day, all his colleagues are saying the same.  The only thing they can think of is that the floods back in June  have had some effect.

So.... if you get bitten watch it carefully and if it swells more than normal contact your GP fast.

All the best

Steve

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
Re: Mozzie Alert - a side effect of the floods.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:01:07 »
can I recommend investing in a bottle of Avon's Skin So Soft body oil?
I posted on here a while ago asking for people's recommendations for mozzie repellant and this was the consensus.
bought some on eBay and have to agree: it's great at keeping the lille b***ers away.
you might smell like a girl, but you'll have loverly soft mozzie free skin – even the marines use it!!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 16:06:30 »
this is well known by fishing  enthusiasts my husband sweares by it ! they all go around stinking of fish and maggots anyway
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 22:37:32 »
My sympathies cos I'm going through the same, my legs look like something out of a zombie film!!!! I can recommend bicarb of soda mixed into a paste for itch relief!! Hope they get better soon!! Mine don't sound as bad as yours but feels uncomfortable to walk on  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal