Author Topic: Jeannine's 2008 Pass the Parcel Progress Page  (Read 45242 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Jeannine's 2008 Pass the Parcel Progress Page
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2008, 22:02:20 »
Oh what a clever girl, E Maggie, I knew you would get this one, it was just too easy.

I am going to start working on the next one straight away.

Have fun.

Thanks Roo XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2008, 08:27:24 »
no, still don't get it. Have the MOD shut down all the pubs? What's a "graffiti train"???

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2008, 08:46:53 »
 Great Wakering has been recorded in the Guinness Book of Records as being the driest place in England with well under twenty inches of rainfall per year, hence I go for the BIG mulch  ;D
As for the Graffiti train, I don't have a clue!
Smile, it confuses people.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2008, 09:13:23 »
I thought it was something more obscure than that. Graffiti trains are mentioned in your WIki entry - to do with all the bits and bobs the MOD leave behind when they're done blowing things up

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2008, 10:17:19 »
You have lost me completely now!! Graffitti...MOD

For the other players, without giving too much addy info away.

Surname the same as a fictional murderer, living in the driest place in England  which is adjacent to Somewhere on Sea.

Isn't this fun!! 

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2008, 10:40:27 »
Oooh, my head hurts :o. I have absolutely NO idea where you could mean. It's obviously not me, but could be anywhere in the world ;D ;D

I have never thought of  gardening as a brain work out before ;D ;D ;D

cj :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2008, 17:24:54 »
I'ts here! Oh joy ;D ;D
Hopefully on it's way tomorrow ;)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2008, 17:27:25 »
now I can relax  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2008, 17:58:52 »
Parcel is ready to move on again, thank you so much for the very quick turnaround, it makes such a differnce when the list is long.

So it is going to ..well...................

Eee by gum, this one sound a rum 'en

"mixing things up in his  patched trousers ,wellies and diamante flat cap...

XX Jeannine

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2008, 21:11:36 »
Princescruffer  ???

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2008, 12:51:49 »
The parcel is on it's way, chop chop ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2008, 13:06:31 »
I don't know about everyone else, but I am intrigued to know what you get back in the final parcel Jeannine, really I suppose it could just be sent round n round forever! ;D ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2008, 17:08:53 »
Suzanne..................shhhh

Doris-Pinks, I have sent out three before this one. One on it's own and two identical ones that went out together on the same day.

Generally for me the parcels has been smaller when I got them back, which is fine with me as I enjoy sharing some of the seeds I import that are not usually here, however I have had some interesting things come back too, especially flowers which I don't usually think about.

I tend to buy my seeds in bigger packets than are usually available here so I always have a lot of spares which I enjoy sharing.

I was going to donate a lot of seeds off this year but decided to send the parcel out first. If you remember last year I packed up large grab bags of excess seeds  and offered them without swaps.

I still have an excess of quite a few seeds and might bring the parcel home to be replenished , not sure yet.

Sadly the first parcel  which went missing  had loads of  varieties of tomatoes and squash in, I kept a list which I would have to look at to be sure, but I do know there were more than 40 varieties of toms in there and about 3/4 of that amount of squash,but when doing the second one I was unable to put as many  of those two in b ut  I felt I had to send a second one as so many folks were looking forward to it. It was more basic  but much bigger.

I could do a post when it comes back and let everyone know, but I would expect any unusual ones to be gone, but then we all have seeds that we think are commonplace  but to someone who has not had them before they are unusual so it is a treat for me too.

Perhaps for a newbie the parcel is a good idea, maybe not so much for the old hands.

Perhaps someone could say what they thought when they got it, is it in fact worth doing?

What I put in are spares to me, and the balance will be donated to another group, or may go out again if folks want that after it has been replenished.

I have certainly found seeds in the previous three that I wanted to keep myself as I have on all parcels I have participated in too, but the main idea for me is to share. It is really just a fun thing.

I have been in serious swaps with laid down guidelines,  but they are different than the pot luck ones such as this.

I do not expect folks to put in as much as they take out by the way , not in this kind of parcel.

Hope this answers XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 17:28:38 by Jeannine »

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2008, 18:00:05 »
I loved the parcel. For me it is a chance to try things which otherwise I wouldn't have tried, or didn't even know about,(all those different beans :o) and also to share stuff which I have more than enough of or don't think I'll grow this time. I like harvesting seeds and find it difficult to resist, so I don't go out without a few paper envelopes in my pocket. ;D

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2008, 21:27:52 »
 :-X

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2008, 21:31:34 »
 ;D ;D ;D Suzanne.

Thanks Emaggie, it is a bit of a worry when one starts something, we hope everyone will enjoy it, nice to hear the feedback and I am sure everyone else who has been involved so far is happy to hear it too.

XX Jeannine

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2008, 21:39:52 »
Well you didn't really expect me to be quiet for long did you.  ;D

Jeannine, having seen your seed collection at Barnsdale meeting last year I was in awe, particularly as I am a squash and bean fan and your collection is so extensive with so many different varieties.

You are also extremely generous in passing on seed for others to try which for those of us who didn't know about the sort of varieties grown in the states etc is fantastic. My OH says I am obsessed with trying new things and why can't I just grow the varieties everyone else does - but I think its almost like an obsession. I buy or swop things to try - if I like them I will grow them again, save seed if possible and pass this on. If not I enjoy the adventure of growing something different and then swop the seeds onto someone else.

I think seed swaps are brilliant idea and the varieties in your parcels one of the things it seems all the "enthusiasts" on the site look forward.  :) I look forwad to receiving the parcel for the first time and I know everyone will want to share the seeds that they think are interesting and worthwhile to "give a go" with everyone else.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2008, 22:36:50 »
Thanks Suzanne, but what is an obsession, it sounds neat, I might get one one dayXX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2008, 22:40:01 »
Oh I almost forgot, the parcel has landed at Princescruffers palace and will be on the move again shortly to....

" nickname for a cool motorbike"

Come on now, I am a Great Grandma and I thought up this one so there has to be guessers out there, Suzanne was spot on with the last one

Lindsay

• Acre
  • Near Avignon, France
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2008, 07:13:29 »
Bluebird?   ??? ???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal