Author Topic: dont know if this is the right place?  (Read 1124 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
dont know if this is the right place?
« on: January 19, 2008, 16:50:38 »
hi all well i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i thought i should let you know that i received an email from someone called Nina Roberts and they claimed that they wanted to form a relationship with me  ::) ::) well to say i was shocked is an under statement he also wanted me to get him into this country to finish uni and said he had got my details from a4a can this be right ???

i couldn't even pronounce where he claimed he was from and said he had been left an inheritance and would share it with me if i helped him (yeah right) like I'm going to .we have enough foreign people in this country with out my  help 

has anyone Else had this sort of email??? the cheek of some people he even said he would get his god to look after me well i can tell you i don't need his god to look after me as i have my own thankyou very much !!!
and if this is a whined up i DONT find it funny

Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
Re: dont know if this is the right place?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 17:08:55 »
thanks i read the thread and am now going to remove my email address its the first spam Ive had  now Ive calmed down i can see the funny side to it via the past comments on that thread  so thank you Rt  ;)
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 17:13:25 »
now they've got our email addresses they may send us lots of rubbish. If that happens we'll have to block mails from that email address, or if they change the name, maybe any email from yahoo.cn

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 17:31:28 »
I'd at least find out more about his god. For all you know it could be the god of vegetable growing which could come in handy.

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 17:34:02 »
These emails have been going round for years.  Best bet is just delete the email before opening it.  You can usually tell by the address that something is wrong :)

Norfolk n Proud

• Half Acre
  • From humble beginnings...
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 19:11:19 »
I've had exactly the same e-mail too!! I just reported it as a phishing scam to Microsoft, and hopefully that'll be the end of it.  :)
Thas a rummun !!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 19:11:35 »
I get those stupid things all the time. just treat them as spam, which is what they are. Don't contact these people whatever you do.

digger46

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 20:12:59 »
HI  TOHELLWITHWEEDS                                                                                                   I   HAD   THE    SAME   EMAIL    I   HAVE   KEPT   NAME  AND  ADRESS.                                                                                                                      FROM  DIGGER46.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal