Photo Gallery > Photo Talk

Posting pics in the Gallery

(1/4) > >>

Emagggie:
By this I mean the 'posting an image on your own webspace' instuctions.

Well, I've tried and following Gavin's instructions, I get as far as 3.4 and all I get are pizza boxes. Does this mean when I get as far as transferring them they will still be pizza boxes?
I have tried missing this bit out to see what happens, but I don't know how to find our ISP address. The help section was not forthcoming in AOL. I hate abandoning stuff half done, so can anyone shed any light for a poor computer illiterate please?
As much as I hate to admit that I can't do this stuff (which loads of folk seem to have done very successfully) I'm not going to find out unless I ask.

Barnowl:
Hi emaggie,

Are you trying to post pictures from your PC to your A4A gallery, or from the internet to your A4A gallery?

Emagggie:
My pc.

Barnowl:
Hi apologies if this duplicates Gavin.

1. Go to your Gallery by clicking view gallery underneath your avatar or via your profile (at the top of the page) and clicking view gallery on that page.

2. On the next page you are asked to create a category. You have to create at least one category folder in your gallery to hold your photo so click on add category.(If you have already created a category just click on it's name. and go to 4)

3. Give the Category a name e.g.  emaggies garden and save it. You will return to a page that under you name will have a line showing the Category you have created. Click on that...

4. On the next page click on 'add picture' then an add picture page will appear

5. You must enter a title for your picture in the box labelled Title but the other boxes can be left blank

6. Click on the Browse button: this will open a window showing the files on your PC. Navigate around until you find the picture you want to upload and double click on it

7. Finally click on add picture and you'll return to the gallery page.

I suggest you try a small picture first  - I've had a bit of trouble with large ones.

Finally if you want to add another picture click on 'add a personal gallery picture' (do not click on add another picture).

Emagggie:
Thanks Barnowl. That seems infinately easier than Gavin's way. (It seemed very technical for me to handle.) I shall print it off and have a go tomorrow.
Are you there Suzanne? We can do this. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version