Author Topic: Spring Catalogue from Crocus  (Read 1885 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Spring Catalogue from Crocus
« on: March 30, 2008, 16:33:09 »
I have been drooling over the beautiful plant photographs in this catalogue but heck their prices!  :o  It's great for inspiration though.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
Re: Spring Catalogue from Crocus
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 16:38:54 »
Know what you mean Georgie - like looking at gold medal winning gardens at shows.  Nice idea for when I win the lottery.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 20:30:17 »
Funnily enough I got a 15% off voucher for Crocus in another publication today.  I still don't think it makes (most) of their prices competetive but if anyone is interested then the website is www.crocus.co.uk and the promotional code is 9019.  Offer valid unitl 30 April.

G x

PS I'm very tempted by their Myrtus communis tarentina in a 9 lt pot for £12.95  Is this a good price?
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 23:35:51 »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

ahem! I mean no. Even with 15% off, it's still too much for a miniature myrtle (I suspect the 9 litre pot is no real measure of the plant size).
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 16:35:49 »
Don't tell me, you can pick me one up from Wilkos for 39p.   ::)  ;D

G x
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 17:03:48 by Georgie »

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 16:52:48 »
Confession time - I have actually bought from them, but only in their half price sale.  I bought 2 tall bamboos & wanted a specific variety to extend an existing neighbour shield.  They arrived quickly and were well packaged & in good condition.  I giggled all the way from the van, through the house, out through the yard & down to the bottom of the garden as they were 6ft tall and the tops were bouncing around as I walked.  Small things keep me amused.   At half price, they were a good buy, but I'd never pay full price.

Cheers
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 17:12:32 »
I bought 2 tall bamboos & wanted a specific variety to extend an existing neighbour shield.  They arrived quickly and were well packaged & in good condition. 
Cheers

Well that's good to know.  I'll see what Amazin comes back with before I get my credit card out tho'.  And it's the Capel Manor Spring Show in a couple of weeks time where there are always bargains to be had.   ;D

G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal