Author Topic: new seeds ordered has any one tried these and what are the results please  (Read 845 times)

caseylee

• Hectare
PUMPKIN - DILLS ATLANTIC GIANT
AUBERGINE / EGGPLANT LISTADA DE GANDIA
Tomatoe - GREEN ZEBRA
AUBERGINE / EGGPLANT - STRIPED TOGA
 WHITE HEIRLOOM CARROT - KUTTINGER

Any advice would be appriciated, how do they grow, best time to sow in cold greenhouse, and are the yeilds good on them.  I order them from a brilliant seller on ebay, the only thing is that they don't come with growing instructions, but I must admit every seed ever bought from them has grown beatuifully once I have the details.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
For your Atlantic Giant .Dig some well rotted muck in where plant is going if you ain't got any rake in a goodly amount of  Fish blood and bone or growmore where it is going ..
Raise a little  flat topped hill to plant it in  about 3 or 4inch higher than  surrounding soil . Scrape a moat affair around  this hill about 3 OR 4 inch deep.. water it in this . You can also Feed it there with a  liquid feed .
When it starts growing it will need a lot of water. Allow the plant  a lot of room as AG;s grow really  big and take a lot of garden space up..
Finally get a strong barrow  or a mate with a pickup to take your pumkin home in  :)
Cheers .. Jim

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
I tend to ignore variety names for cultural purposes.

Generally most seed from a genus perform in the same manner.

The variation in 'variety' tends to only affect taste, colour and size, meaning they all should be treated / grown on in the same manner.

Well thats my view although I daresay there will be exceptions.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal