Author Topic: I got the mole :0(  (Read 1912 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
I got the mole :0(
« on: April 30, 2008, 22:55:26 »
I tried everything and couldnt get rid of it. I bought a mole trap (non humane) and felt guilty having to resort to the killing method. But its now gone and I will bury the remains in the run where he was coming into the garden. More to prevent another one taking over the vacant plot.

Its been a 2 year battle and I have lost a lot of plants through the tunneling under roots, but now there is the new pond too, I really dont want that broken into in any way. That is where I set the trap so he was very active near the pond.

:'( :'(
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: I got the mole :0(
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 18:58:20 »
Star, Collect the soil the mole pushed up its good clean soil.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

star

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 21:08:36 »
Its already in the beds Davy, it will planted up now the mole has gone. The new plants will love the mole soil, thanks for the reminder though ;)

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 18:36:33 »
ive got the same problem caught one in a trap removed the dead one & now have a new tennant causing me problems, so far he/she has become wise to the trap i have ,pushes the soil into it to set it off, then to rub salt in the wound the trap is sat ontop of the mole hill!!, im now thinking of flushing the thing out found where it comes in/out i have 5 x1000 ibc tanks may resort to one being used wait untill i see him then its payback with my shovel ;D
today i will be growin veg!!

star

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 21:57:55 »
I thought that it was possible another mole would take over the empty runs. So I buried the dead one in its run near the boundary of the garden.

I thought that might put off any other squatters, so far its worked. Will just have keep a eye out for more activity.............darned things!

peasmad

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 21:40:01 »
Moles were living on the property before i moved in, but once i created the borders in a clean canvas, I decided to start on ol' moley. !st i planted clumps of so far non evasive euphorbia, which kept him out of the beds. Since then the little blighter has moved under the lawn, and dislodged part of my new serpent topiary. So i re moved the soil, found his run and shouted "Bugg£r off". He went.
He now lives near chicken city, where he does little harm.

tinker

• Half Acre
  • warwickshire
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 21:58:51 »
I had a mole on my allotment, the horrid thing kept going along my seeds so i got a trap, bearing in mind i  am a right girl when it comes to rats mice and moles ect,  I was brave and  gingerly checked the trap every day, most days for over a month he had tripped the trap by this time i was so used to pulling the trap up with no mole and i was getting brave, one night i pulled it up and i only had the sodding thing in it most of the village heard me scream :) I had to get someone to dispose of it for me I'm such a wimp!!!!!! I still get my leg pulled about it.
All good things come to those who wait!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal