Produce > Drink ....

Pressed Apple Juice

<< < (3/3)

Jesse:
Well I got my Kenwood juicer and tried it out this morning on some apples and it works beautifully. Was surprised how much juice comes out of so few apples. But never got to taste it because the glass jug that I was pouring the juice into got knocked over and smashed onto the kitchen floor  :'(

Will have to try again when I can get my hands on some more apples. I cored my apples but didn't peel before juicing, do you think it's necessary to core them first or will it taste okay to juice them seeds and all?

tim:
I'm sure it's preferable to core them.

As for 'sieving', I use filter papers on the circumference of the centrifuge, so no need to sieve. = Tim

Jesse:
Tim, where do you get your filter papers from and I guess they can be composted along with the pulp?

Wicker:
Am I missing something here ??? I don't sieve or use filters in the juicer  Maybe we were talking about different equipment  Ooops  ::)

Anyway whatever way we do it - it's good for you - especially berries according to the latest newspaper reports.  I shall feel all selfrighteous sipping my black/red/rasp juices now ;)

Jesse:
Wicker I've got a Kenwood Juicer and haven't been sieving or using filters but I know you can get filters for the Kenwood. Perhaps the filter simply takes out a little more pulp than if you use without. The Kenwood I'm using does have a "mesh" thing that sits around the circumference of the juicer and this does filter a lot of the pulp, probably most of it because the juice that was coming out seemed pretty good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version