Author Topic: Ryobi Expand-It  (Read 1055 times)

Jokerman

• Half Acre
Ryobi Expand-It
« on: November 23, 2008, 17:24:03 »
I'm thinking of buying the Ryobi Expand-It strimmer and the tiller addon, has anyone got it? don't how good it will be but seems a lot cheaper than conventional ones... any advice?
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: Ryobi Expand-It
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 21:15:40 »
I think with that make you get what you pay for ;)
You couldn't make it up!

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:36 »
They're not exactly cheap Tony. I've had the 40 cc strimmer and its been spot on. Considered getting the Tiller attachment last year then went off the idea. Think it was the £70 that put me off but i might take the plunge now i have a few raised beds, i reckon it will be great to weed these. Tooled up.com were the cheapest or you might drop on a bargain at band q

Jokerman

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 21:13:11 »
I'm thinking of dropping a few hints for my xmas pressi..  ;D
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ~ Tolkien

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 18:32:45 »
I've got the 50cc strimmer and the tiller attachment. The strimmer I use all over the place from my allotment and garden to my boat mooring down the river and around my caravan. This tool alone has paid for itself over and over.

The tiller is great as well but not for turning new soil. It doesn't go very deep but is great for breaking up the soil after it's dug. I have beds with paths inbetween and it's great for these beds as they never get walked on and compacted. It produces a nice fine tilth which is easy to rake flat.

It's also great for rotorvating in compost. I spread 5 or 6 inches of manure over my beds and use the tiller to churn it all in prior to the onset of winter.

Remove the outer teeth and it's great for weeding between rows or loosening soil between potato rows for earthing up.

Like I said, it's no good for heavy duty use and it can make your arms ache but I personally love mine. I paid £170 total for mine with both the attachments and haven't regretted it.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal