Author Topic: Echium Wildpretti and Lily of Valley and Primula Auricula & Scotica  (Read 1860 times)

Hector

• Hectare
Anyone have these for swap/sale? Some kind person offered me LOV but I can't find the post!!!
Jackie

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
is the primula auricula the one like a pompom on a stick, hector?
if it is, my white one has some offsets you could have, swap you for the hop  ;D
doh, just googled, sorry, wrong one  :-\

Hector

• Hectare
Love that description...not sure if that's an auricula biut sounds good :) You are getting a hop anyway ....he's definitely rooted now. I used to grow auriculas then a guys goats got into garden, then cows. Lost greenhouse and 160 Auriculas...gutted. Here's some Auriculas :)
http://www.geocities.com/auricula_uk/master3.html

edit: Just seen further down that Saddam ordered some Wildpratii....good taste Saddam. I will look at that site when I get home from work.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:32:08 by Hector »
Jackie

manicscousers

• Hectare
they are lovely flowers, this has leaves like a primrose? long stem with a pompom of little white flowers on, not as posh as those...not one for flowers, really :)
always get confused between primula and primrose, you might be able to help, any idea what these are ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:42:25 by manicscousers »

Hector

• Hectare
Primula is generic Latin/family name for plants like polyanthus and primroses. Plyanthus tend to have multiple flowes, like piccie versus primula tends to have a stem with a flower...at least thats what I think!
Jackie

manicscousers

• Hectare
thank you, doesn't help you, though  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
I have some LOV if you want some pm me your address Hector
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying