Author Topic: Undertaking  (Read 974 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Undertaking
« on: August 13, 2009, 18:30:33 »
 ??? ::)

Nope, nothing to do with funerals! I have just driven 20 miles along the M60 and have had at least 5 people "undertake" whilst I was in the middle lane and about to go back to the left lane. I drive a lot on the motorways and have always thought that this is definitely WRONG. Is it just me? Should I blame the video games where most drivers seem to learn their skills these days?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr Rant Over...

flossy

• Hectare
Re: Undertaking
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 19:40:07 »

No , you're not alone katynewbie,  I use a network of motorways --  all the time,

the trouble is, are road users today taught how to use the motorways within thier

driving lessons,  --  don't think so !     I have problems with new drivers to the area

who are confused by lane lines  --  especially at huge roundabouts, it's not thier fault

as the lines are worn away with use  ---    But,  overtaking on the inside is deffinitely

a no, no, --   so frightening and potentialy dangerous,  sorry to go on,

Do say, video , racer , type game boys ---   don't help, !
Hertfordshire,   south east England

Sholls

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 19:51:22 »
I'm not sure the 'Playstation' generation are entirely to blame. I was undercut by an octogenarian in a Nissan Micra earlier today; ::) apparently he thought the hard shoulder was his own personal fast lane.  ???

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 20:05:35 »
Not on a motorway but twice this week I have (if I hadn't braked hard) nearly had the front of my car smashed. People round here use right hand turns as bends in the road. Is this general round the country or is it the Fenland drivers?

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 21:02:33 »
Try the M42 .I use it a lot and t is legal to use the hard shoulder/inside lane,can never get used to people coming u p on the inside. :)

The thing I hate on the inside lane is you are cruising nicely and then come up behind some idiot doing about 40 miles an hour.I do not mind slow lorries and caravans because you expect that . :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 21:09:50 »
no, katy, you're definitely not on your own..we had loads of near misses on the m6/m25 at the weekend..people, including huge flaming lorries pulling out in front and behind, no indicators  :o
ray's an advanced motorist and drives defensively, I think it could've been much worse if I were driving.
why do lorries tail gate?
do all the nut-jobs come out when we're on the road, cutting through 3 lanes on the motorway then back again, especially in queues..drive me demented  :(

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 21:24:09 »
At least on most motorways there is room for manouver... on dual carriageways there isn't. It is acceptable to undercut in traffic queues but sadly most drivers these days do their own thing...  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal