Author Topic: what do you do when...  (Read 1026 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
what do you do when...
« on: December 05, 2009, 18:00:22 »
What do youdo when you don't know what else to do ?
My daughter's not well at the moment and there's nothing much we can do (it's not life threatening or anything like that) so when I don't know what else to do ....I cook.I've sent several meals veggie for her a meaty casserole for the son in law and kids.I don't know what else to do and just worrying about her won't help anybody,the OH does his bit by clearing up after me so it keeps us both occupied.
What do other folk do when they're at a loss ? ???
sanity is overated

cocopops

• Acre
Re: what do you do when...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 18:14:53 »
Sorry to hear about your daughter, I have had both of mine at home from school recently so I understand.

The obvious answer is spend too much time on pc forums, especially this one, read, clean, plan what to do in the new year, tidy, plan what to cook over Christmas and if all else fails there is the pc and a book.  I read quite alot of books.

I quite like my own company but if my OH has time on his hands it drives him bonkers.  This works ok for me as he is a joiner and the house is being renovated so even as I type he is boxing in the new stairs he fitted last weekend.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 23:34:14 »
 I have to say like you i cook, i cook for England, don`t know why it just makes me feel better, how does that work i wonder.
I love making cakes any sort i don`t do wedding cakes anymore so any other cakes will do, daft i suppose.

I hope your daughter is well very soon Macmac, have you made the famous vegetable soup to nourish her  ;D ;D ;D, its a must here ;D ;D ::).

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 23:37:49 »
Rosebud she's a veggie who doesn't like veggies  ??? ??? ???
sanity is overated

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 23:41:06 »
 Hahahahahaha!!!! like it Macmac.
My children when very young did not like Blamange, but loved" Pink custard."  ;D ;D ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 05:28:31 »
Cooking for them, the kids,  at any age will love a treat. Even taking the kids off dad's hands for a while will be a great help to them both (if the kids are little) he can get on with jobs round the house then.

I can sympathise, been there too.

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:16 »
When my daughter went into hospital and then died i spent a lot of time on the forums, just reading and going over them, even my wife understood that people you talk to even if you have never met them can be a big comfort.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 18:20:37 »
I make soup and bake or if it's a serious distraction required then I clean out the shed or cupboards and create a proper nightmare for myself!
Best wishes to your daughter.  :)

((((((((((((((gordonsveg))))))))))))) (hugs)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal