Author Topic: Chicken mistake!  (Read 2095 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Chicken mistake!
« on: April 16, 2010, 21:52:44 »
I think I've made a grave error in the upbringing of my chickens. I have been giving them fresh worms as & when I found them (OH not happy, the garden needs them). Now I only have to walk past them & they go mad. The guinea pigs are behind them so when I go to my other girls they all queue up behind the coop clucking franticly.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Chicken mistake!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 22:01:35 »
 ;D ;D..there is not mistake there..they would get obsessive about something else then.. ;D...when mine see me with bowl in my hand..oh dear..it doesn't matter is it empty or not...if I walk by empty handed they are all calm .. ;D
One of the previous lot I had were Wellsummers..ohh...they were terrible..
They were screamers..and they never stopped untill they got what they were after..and you never knew what it was that they wanted each time...different food...worms..snails..greens..you just had to try your best to keep them quiet ::)And everytime when they got what they were after there were silence..like "cutting with knife"..never known chikens like they were..lovely but utter nightmare..

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:40:41 »
mine hear my sticks and go mad, if I have a plastic bag, they think I have some treats for them, if they see my little fork, they think I'm going to dig some worms out for them  ;D

jonny211

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:50:35 »
Haha yes they do get very excited by things they recognise and associate with food. I have a yellow SMA tin which has their corn in, I also have a yellow SMA tin that I use to put their droppings in when I clean out their house.

There's grumpy faces all round if they get into the wrong one.

Maybe I should use a different colour one for the poo?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:37 »
Maybe I should use a different colour one for the poo?
Yes...do that...It would be interesting to know how quickly they learn the difference..or if they do... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal