Author Topic: Planting herbs?  (Read 844 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Planting herbs?
« on: June 20, 2010, 18:12:11 »
I have been fortunate enough to be offered an old Belfast sink, 1938ish. I quite fancy planting it up with an assortment of thymes. What do you think & what would you do with it? Also what is the best compost to use, MP or a mix + grit. All ideas welcome. It will be a good excuse, I mean reason to go to the herb farm.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
Re: Planting herbs?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 15:47:54 »
Bump. Anyone please.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 17:14:48 »
Code: [Select]
I mean reason to go to the herb farm.
Ohh..well in that case...yes you could plant thyme..but it would have to be the "rockery" type as anything like 'English' type thyme is too vigorous and would take over..
As a planting mixture..I would go 2/3 bagged top soil and 1/3 grit..multipurpose would be too rich..as essentially you are doing rockery planting..

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 17:20:47 »
..and to complete your shopping experience..you could pick up few of those more robust type thymes too and maybe plant around your sink with few stones too..a bit like a feature... ;D
You might as well start hinting OH to start oiling the wallet zip...now, we would not like it to go rusty in wrong moment... ;)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 17:28:39 »
OH thinks he is royalty & doesn't carry money so no problem there ;D.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 17:49:19 »
It' good thing that we can multi task...while looking right plants and keeping eye out for coffee shop queue and available seating and the cake selection ..we can also carry OH's wallets..count the money and spend it...all in same time.. ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal