Author Topic: E Mail- Do not delete photo  (Read 1279 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
E Mail- Do not delete photo
« on: November 30, 2010, 20:07:02 »
I have just received an email from someone called Susan Hunter with the heading "Do not delete photo". 

I don't know who she is but there were a lot of A4A addressees on it.  Some of them, such as KenKew, haven't been heard of for a long time. 

I am wondering if there was a virus in the email as my Virus checker came up straight away asking me to update it. 

Has anyone else received this email and does anyone know who Susan Hunter is?  How has she got the email addresses of so many people on A4A?

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: E Mail- Do not delete photo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 20:27:03 »
Personaly i would not open it i would delete it. There is one supposed to be going round from A Simon Ashton (SIMON25@HOTMAIL..CO.UK ) who is a hacker. if you open it you may loose everything on your disc.
Better to be carefull than sorry
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/hereyouhave.asp
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 20:42:48 by davyw1 »
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 21:03:25 »
Hi Pauline, I sent you the email.....Im sorry I should have included a little message with it.

Its not a virus hun. Apologies if I worried you.

I havent been here for ages myself having lost mum this year and other horrors that have haunted us in 2010.

Star xxx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 23:47:36 »
Star, I thought the name rang a bell but I didn't realise it was you.

Just out of interest, why did you send one to Kenkew who hasn't been in contact for a long time and ....well, I believe, has probably passed away as he was not a well guy?

I am sorry to hear about your Mum and, of course, you had the terrible loss of your dear Maggie.  I assume she hasn't turned up yet.  I have looked out for her on my travels around the UK and in France.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 23:57:50 »
Oh goodness me Pauline, I had no idea about Ken. We exchanged email addy's a long time ago when he helped me with photos when I first joined A4A.

Maggie is still missing, I still look on Dogs Found pages. Thank you for looking as well on your travels.

I hope to get here a bit more, though Ive had no interest in gardening for a while. But the shed is still here!

xxx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal