« on: March 11, 2011, 19:20:58 »
 Very bad news in Japan my heart goes out to them
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 19:26:01 »
 Dreadfully sad my heart goes out to them Richard, we cannot imagine here what it is truly like. The devastation is horrendous, God help them.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 19:29:30 »
Really dreadfull Rosebud .............  but things like this makes me wonder if there is a God
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 19:36:11 »
They have been expecting a very big quake for years - they just did not know when.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 19:57:34 »
The pics of the tsunami look horrendous.  It makes me so sad that there are man made preventable disasters in places like Libya when nature is capable of such horrors.

My thoughts are with those suffering.  What a terrible thing to find yourself overcome by a wall of dirty water.  Seems there are two whole trains missing.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 20:06:00 »
Thinking about the people who have lost loved ones or are waiting to hear.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 21:24:52 »
Dreadful. We will do all we can.

Of course it is nature. We are all subject to that.

I am very impressed that no one has come along with some silly religious claim on it.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 21:29:48 »
Ohhh...early 'days' yet..many claims are yet to made... ::)
There was already mentioned that some scientist did warn last week that as it is time for 'super moon' it will bring on natural disasters..this earthquake did come few day too early though, but now they say that moon is close enough anyway to have effect..so according them there is more to come.. ::)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 21:40:53 »
The  bad news which will affect many people around the world that are no where near Japan will be if their nuclear power stations go up, already they are planning to release nuclear vapour from one of the power stations, these plants could be on melt down which is not to good news for the rest of the world,   

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 23:03:04 »
the reporter for the bbc news web site in Japan is Roland Buerk, son of Michael. His partner saved both their lives when they were caught up in the tsunami of 2004

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/1506239/BBC-journalist-marries-the-girlfriend-who-saved-him-from-tsunami.html

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 23:51:33 »
What an awful thing for the Japanese to experience.  The earthquake would have been bad enough but that awful tsunami just devastated everything within its wake. 

Really dreadfull Rosebud .............  but things like this makes me wonder if there is a God

It is things like this over the past forty years that made me question my belief.  After much deliberation I became a confirmed atheist about twenty years ago.

However, I do respect other peoples beliefs.  I expect many of the Japanese people will get some comfort in prayer.  For many people, having a belief in the hereafter is absolutely necessary to life on Earth. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:23:35 »
Dreadful situation. my heart really gpes out to them, and this one is particularly scary as we are on a watch for it too. we are on the same fault line and the tsunami could hit Vancouver Island.. very worriesome, but the Japanese folks need my thoughts just now.

xx Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 06:08:25 »

It is things like this over the past forty years that made me question my belief.  After much deliberation I became a confirmed atheist about twenty years ago.

Earthquakes, volcanoes, flooding, wildfires, this is our planet that is throwing it all at us at the moment. It might be just the time to get religion.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 08:16:50 »
I listened to thought for the day on radio 4 this morning; wasn't convinced. :(

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 09:06:57 »
If anybody starts asking for contributions to this disaster, be prepared for flack. How could anybody build a nuclear power station on an earthquake hotspot. I beggers belief. The arrogance of the people who planned this had no thought at all for the rest of the world. It wasn't if it should happen, it was when it happens. In the past the word sorry has never been in the japanese vocabulary, it won't change now.

Prayers won't help. I've a bag packed to go either way.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 09:50:01 »
How could anybody build a nuclear power station on an earthquake hotspot. I beggers belief. The arrogance of the people who planned this had no thought at all for the rest of the world.

Prayers won't help. I've a bag packed to go either way.
I think it's got someting to do with that old time religion called MONEY.

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 09:57:57 »
No its called security. Japan doesn't have a lot of natural resourses so nuclear makes sense. It hasn't failed yet and they will prevent a disaster if its possible. 
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 10:27:20 »
No its called security. Japan doesn't have a lot of natural resourses so nuclear makes sense. It hasn't failed yet and they will prevent a disaster if its possible. 
On earthquake hotspot..yes makes a lot of sense.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:26 »
Just a caution - there are stories doing the rounds that if you text REDCROSS to 70600 then you donate for Japan. This is not true. That number was used for a General Fund appeal in February and you won't be donating anything.

This from the British Red Cross blog

We’ve had a lot of comments asking how people can donate for Japan.

We cannot accept donations specifically for Japan unless the Japanese Red Cross asks for international donations. We really appreciate how willing everyone is to give, and if we do start taking donations for Japan we will let you know.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 11:26:33 »
the paper today said that the earthquake was exactly like dropping the Isle of Wight into the sea from a great height.

and there was me thinking it was a bad thing Sorry. Bad taste, especially since their nuclear powerstation just blew up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal