Produce > Under Glass

Different Greenhouse Plants

<< < (6/7) > >>

Mrs Ava:
The pineapple plant can get pretty big before fruiting.  Think of the top of the fruit, double it and add 10.  Mine was a monster or long spikey rigid leaves before fruiting so watch your eyes, mine got me daily!  8)

hesperis2000:
 Emma Janes pineapples

those pineapple flowers are amazing!
i definately want to try this but surely  EJ , your greenhouse is a conservatory with a minimum 15 c ,even at night?

Mrs Ava:
Yup, my pineapple is in my conservatory, suppose it shouldn't be in the greenhouse thread, but I do treat my conservatory as a greenhouse of sorts as it is packed with plants, cuttings, seeds and seedlings!  ;D  I couldn't tell you the temperature, but it certainly isn't constant.  The conservatory has central heating and runs on the same program as the house.  Whatever the weather, 11pm at night the heating goes off and it doesn't come on again until 6am.  Some mornings it is very chilly in there, but I have never known it be frosty.  In the summer it bakes hot as hot can be as it is south facing and only receives shade from about 4pm from the neighbours house which is set at an angle from ours. 

I am glad you all liked the pics.  It was thrilling to successfully grow the pineapple and I am hoping for a repeat performance this year.  Just wish I could get my bananas to set fruit!

Lady of the Land:
Have just eaten some very juicy pineappple following planting up the top of the pineapple. Had intended to do this following the article in kitchen garden magazine, but was inspired again after reading about everyone elses efforts.

The only problem was when I removed the top of the pineapple there was not much of the pineapple part below the leaves, I just hope there is enough to generate a root system.

Mrs Ava:
So how are the pineapples going?  Here is my mummy, she is huge and mean! (not like me at all!!!)  Hoping she will reproduce this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version