Author Topic: Hedgehog  (Read 757 times)

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
Hedgehog
« on: May 23, 2011, 15:45:46 »
I have a piece of land at the front of my property which has been covered in thick black plastic to try and keep the weeds etc down until I get chance to "get at it"!

At 5:30 this morning I stood and watched this hedgehog walk to one part of the cover and crawl under.It had something in its mouth, whether that be food or nesting material Im not sure because I was behind it.

MY question is....could it be nesting (if nesting is the word?) and if so how long will it be there.Im in no rush to get to work on that land yet.....too much to do at the lottie...but interested to know anyway.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Re: Hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 20:31:53 »
Yes hedgehogs will use  the sort of cover  you describe to make a nest and rear young.  As do rats and other creatures.

We can not choose, when we make a wild life friendly site which sorts of wild life will take advantage of what we offer.

I am NOT an expert on hedgehogs but there are sites on line where you will get information.

This one may help

http://www.wildhedgehogs.org.uk/?id=227

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal