Author Topic: Jamie Oliver's Summer Recipe programme last night  (Read 2575 times)

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
Jamie Oliver's Summer Recipe programme last night
« on: August 23, 2011, 15:45:35 »
loved those recipes on last nights show especially the lamb burgers and jerk chicken.....wish I could stop finding him so irritating... :-\

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
Re: Jamie Oliver's Summer Recipe programme last night
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 15:58:15 »
I am with you 100% on this! I grudgingly like and use his recipes, but there is something about the man himself that is sooo annoying. Therefore I tend to use his books not see him on TV  ;)

Robert_S

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 17:25:15 »
Gutted to have missed last night's show, but then I suppose I could watch it on 4oD, will check in a minute.

I personally find JO to be the only chef on TV who inspires me to actually try his recipes. I used to find him annoying, and the "crrraaazzzy" camera work in the Naked Chef saw me reaching for the tv control faster than a very fast thing, but I think watching Jamie at Home and Ministry of Food changed my opinion of him.  The only other TV chef who I find as interesting / entertaining / watchable is Hugh FW.

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 18:36:27 »
I think he's irritating too.
Only ones I think any good now are Nigel Slater and Rick Stein - they don't come across as either patronising, totally in love with themselves or stupidly noisy.

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:28 »
I was very much in love with the Galloping Gourmet when I was little,  I think it was my love of food and love of ponies, my obsession was so great that my mum made me and my pony a fancy dress chef costume when I was about 7 for a pony club event...and I have never looked back since.

I used to love Rick, but he is trying a little too hard to be like Floyd and there will only ever be one Floyd, Nigel Slater doesn't do it for me, but I do like Hugh FW and Gizzie Erskine, and secretley love the hairy bikers.. :)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:31:03 »
My daughter takes HFW to bed every night, in book form ;D ;D ;D.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 14:41:35 »
I love Jamie Oliver,he makes cooking look simple, which hopefully inspires more folk to have a go instead of all this over processed, over packaged stuff they bung in the microwave.
I enjoy watching many of the cooks on tv and while few of them annoy me it's mostly J.O.and H.F.W. who inspire me to cook their recipes.
sanity is overated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal