Author Topic: Time to say goodbye  (Read 6095 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Time to say goodbye
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 08:59:38 »
Others have already said the things I am thinking. Good luck in your search for a new hobby.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 09:18:00 »
Good luck in your search for a new hobby.

That is a rare achievement to have enjoyed such a long time on an allotment and I would have thought
your ""long term musings" in the written word would have been pure Gold to the likes such as I, who have only
had one for 1 season.

So if you feel the urge to communicate your seasoned findings for the benefit of other mere mortals
maybe your new indoor written experiences would and "should" be appreciated by the rest of us.

A "lifetimes allotment Journal".....""what a read""   !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Gazza1960
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:53:01 by gazza1960 »

Busby

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:37 »
Thank you all very much for your replies, wishes and thoughts. It's super to know that all has not been in vain. Upon reflection - now that I'm no longer active in my garden - I'd say that that piece of field which we (about 140 of us) turned into a whole patchwork of allotments in the early nineteen-seventies has played a decisive role in my life.
I once remember how we, as a young, freshly married couple, visited another couple in London who showed us their garden. The fact that there, in the middle of such a city was a garden with vegetables in it seemed impossible to me at that time.

How things change. 

Once again thanks for the invitation to continue to occassionally write on this site, I'll do that.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 08:24:53 »
Just a little correction if I may.. ;)
 "Once again thanks for the invitation to continue to occassionally write on this site, I'll do that."
As often as you want.. ;) :-*

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:11 »
I don't think you can ever really say good bye to gardening!  No doubt you will be tending a little patch somewhere - or maybe helping someone with some much needed advice!  I am sure the plotholders on your site will welcome you visiting them and stopping to chat and pass on your years of knowledge - after all - you are part of that sites history!
Happy gardening!
x
Grow yer bugger grow!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 10:57:27 »
I agree, I am sure that you will succumb to growing things in pots! It's still a wonderful hobby. Please do visit and share!
Someone said to me last week that she wished that everyone could have the joy of growing their own food, and I heartily second that. I am so pleased that you have known that joy for so long, even if your health  now forces you to slow down. I am sure that you will find other ways to use that (what about teaching others how to do it? ). Best of luck.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal