Author Topic: halton council to raise allotment rent by 300%- halton tenants pls join grp  (Read 10689 times)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
OK, my bad, I'm sorry.

Hope this doesn't add insult to injury but I would expect that the majority of your fellow plotholders will not be facebook users.

So I was trying to support UW's advice about forming a real allotment association rather than going down the virtual route.

Because he does know what he is talking about (on this subject at least  :P )

** retires from the thread **

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare

** retires from the thread **

You and me both!  ;)

Poet

• Quarter Acre
    • Blog
i know what you mean about them possibly not using FB but thought it was worth a shot.

I'm actually considering giving the allotment up now and just using our garden.  Not sure it's worth the stress.

anyway, i'll see if can get some more people on board, if not then i think i'll sack it off.  :-\

Poet

• Quarter Acre
    • Blog
thank you to those who did actually post helpful comments by the way. 

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
I do think it is worth a bit of a fight.  More allotments are needed not fewer.  To price people out and sell them off does not seem right to me.

elvis2003

• Hectare
Hi poet,wuld it help at all f plotholders from other sites joined the fb group..just to add to the numbers? I see Dave morris has joined (north west rep of the NSALG) has he been of any help? Good luck with this and I hope you succeed in getting support from your fellow plotholders in the area. Im not far down the road in liverpool and will be happy to help,if I can
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Poet

• Quarter Acre
    • Blog
Hi poet,wuld it help at all f plotholders from other sites joined the fb group..just to add to the numbers? I see Dave morris has joined (north west rep of the NSALG) has he been of any help? Good luck with this and I hope you succeed in getting support from your fellow plotholders in the area. Im not far down the road in liverpool and will be happy to help,if I can

dave hasn't said anything so far.  Yes, you'd be welcome, thanks!

Dopey

• Quarter Acre
Hi all, this is my first post, i have not long had a plot and was shocked to fine this

Priciest allotment

The most expensive place in the country to rent an allotment is Runnymede, in Berkshire, which has increased rents from 34p a square metre in 2008 to 55p in 2011

Have a guess where i live?? i pay £70 a year, but i did think that was expensive, but if you guts are going to pay over £100 i cant see the point in growing anything

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal