Author Topic: green slimy stuff - identify?  (Read 2508 times)

peanuts

• Hectare
green slimy stuff - identify?
« on: May 10, 2013, 15:19:36 »
I've no idea what heading to put this post under - it definitely isn't edible, I'm not growing it, it isn't wildlife, I don't think it is a disease . . . . but here you are:
Can anyone identify this 'stuff' that is appearing  in clumps or groups on our damp concrete paths around the garden at the moment? It has no odour at all, so I don't think it can be animal secretion.  If you pick it up (with gloves on!), it has the texture/appearance of green slimy seaweed, kind of longish strands or leaves. 
We have many wall lizards in the garden, and midwife toads, but they are much too small to produce anything like this. The clumps are anything up to 6ins in circumference.
It isn't bothering us, but we are just interested to identify it!

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Re: green slimy stuff - identify?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 17:52:53 »
I have it in my garden too. I read somewhere that it called jelly lichen and can also be found on lawns.
I thought it was being dragged into my garden from the neighbours pond by a bird etc.
I don't know if this is correct but someone will be along with more info soon.

duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

peanuts

• Hectare
Re: green slimy stuff - identify?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 19:07:07 »
I think we're getting warm Duke Ellington!  Having looked at  Google images, there is definitely stuff there that looks like what we have.  But I can't find any good description of it on line.  Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.  But at least it isn't a disease!  So it is in the wrong heading, I just don't know what I could put it under that fits!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal