Author Topic: Buying shallot sets and garlic to plant this year?  (Read 6004 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Buying shallot sets and garlic to plant this year?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 16:41:26 »
Marshalls had a stall at Harrogate show, 3 packs for 5.00. Supposed to be 1 shallots, 1 garlic and 1 onions
I managed to persuade them to let me have 4 packs of provence wight and 2 packs of 100 shakespeare onions for 10.00
Bargain  :toothy10:

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 19:23:56 »
Marshalls had a stall at Harrogate show, 3 packs for 5.00. Supposed to be 1 shallots, 1 garlic and 1 onions
I managed to persuade them to let me have 4 packs of provence wight and 2 packs of 100 shakespeare onions for 10.00
Bargain  :toothy10:

There's value!

Just ordered my garlic today, decided to go with the 'Really Garlicky' peeps in Scotland for some UK grown hardneck 'Music' and 'Castano' garlic as you can buy it by the bulb. Still not decided if I'm going to bother with shallots yet......waver waver...
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 23:02:26 »
Hi the garlic farm link that was on earlier is 5 hours drive from me and  is cooler than our area . We are much more like the Uk here. The garlic was poor here this year for pretty much everyone due to excessive heat. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal