Author Topic: Gardeners and their cats  (Read 45977 times)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
Re: Gardeners and their cats
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2006, 19:04:31 »
 ;D he does have rather large claws, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of him! :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

John_H

• Half Acre
  • compost happens
    • My blog
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2006, 19:36:55 »

This is Fester (because he is a bit like the man with no neck from The Adams Family)
Indian build small fire, keep warm.
White man build big fire - keep warm chopping wood!
http://www.20six.co.uk/johnhumphries

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2006, 20:16:33 »
Lovely moggies everyone.

Georgie I can't believe the size of Tiger,he looks huge! Lovely lovely lovely !

I keep having secret thoughts of how I could accidently get a hearing pal for Spook. I'd have to be underhand as OH wouldn't go for another cat but I think it would be good for Spook. I don't think Cass the dog would be impressed either but she'd get used to it,I think she quietly likes Spook even though he's a cat.   ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2006, 20:44:13 »
Awww John, he's such a handsome cat,  how could you?   ;)

Heldi, Tiger is 5.5kg of pure (mainly  ;)) muscle.  He was starving when he adopted us so we did spoil him a bit, I must admit.  Vet says he could do with shedding a few pounds now, so I play with him (Tiger, not the vet!) every day.  At first he was terrified of even paper balls but his confidence is growing and he's beginning to learn that he's supposed to chase the ball, not just bat it for me to chase.   :D  I think he's having his first kittenhood now and he's getting more playful by the day.  But his claws are like Archie's so I have to be careful.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2006, 21:26:11 »
Lots of lovely cats since I last looked on here.

Oh bless him Georgie, it must do your heart good to see how far he has come from when you took him in.

MM x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2006, 22:05:50 »
The biggest reward is when he purrs.  He doesn't do it very often, yet, but when he does my heart melts.   :D

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2006, 09:17:52 »
Ahhh that's lovely.  Hopefully it won't be long before he purrs every time you make a fuss of him.  Even so I know he knows you love him loads.  :)

MM x

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2006, 12:08:57 »
Aaaw Georgie .  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2006, 18:09:02 »
Heldi.  I've just spotted that I very rudely ignored the bulk of your previous message.  Sorry about that.  I think the idea of getting a hearing cat to keep Spook company is a great one.   ;D  The cat I sponsor through the CP, Sorrow, is totally deaf.  She copes well but loves the company of other cats.    Not sure how you are going to convine your OH though.   ::)

G xx

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2006, 18:46:50 »
Georgie, how did your friends like their sponsored cats you gave them?

MM

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2006, 20:51:02 »
Oh, MM, they were all absolutely delighted.    ;D

I was lucky enough to be able to find one which suited each of their characters and they really appreciate the newsletter which brings regular updates on their sponsosed cat's well being.  I strongly recommend this as a gift for any cat lover. I have since met Pam who fosters two out of the four and that's made it even better because she's lovely.   :D

G xx

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2006, 21:36:26 »
I am pleased, it's great when you give someone something they really like.  I give to the CP on a regular basis but I haven't sponsored a cat.  I do 'foster' an elephant, a tiger and a pair of snow leopards through Care for the Wild.  And for Christmas someone gave me a years fostering of a donkey called Cleo.  She's in Lincolnshire and we will visit her when we go up for a weeks holiday.

MM x

PS - tell Tiger I love chunky cats!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2006, 21:59:45 »
Oh, that's so lovely that you can visit your fostered donkey.   :)

Tiger thinks everyone loves chunky cats, hence he continues to eat for England! ;)

G xx

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2006, 08:08:04 »
Does anyone else have "helpful" cats?

Yesterday no 1, going on 7, who likes to keep me company when I'm working at the PC spent most of the day curled up with his bum on th ekeyboard.  Hard to get at the shift and control keys!

No 3, 15 months, decided I couldn't possibly cut out my new top and skirt without a helping paw placing the pattern sheets and fiddling in the pin pot and when I finally started sewing and needed to press seams, no 3, 27 months, decided the ironing board needed warming up first and went to sleep on it.

Very helpful the lot of them!
Obxx - Vendée France

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2006, 11:06:03 »
oh yes Merlin tries to be helpful  ::)
He's been known to help me with cutting out patterns, usually by getting underneath the material.  And when it comes to reading a magazine or paper he either sits on it facing me with a grin on his face or gets between me and what I'm reading then leans against me and pretends to read  ::)
Don't we just love 'em  one and all :)

MM

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2006, 23:07:57 »
Ahh, yes, I recognise that level of helpfulness.  Shelley likes to help me with the crossword.  She sits right in the middle of it and looks at me as if to say well you were stuck, weren't you?  Tiger on the other hand feels sorry for me when I (and this is not very often I must admit!) clean the kitchen floor.  He can't understand where the cat prints have gone so he helpfully walks across the wet grass and puts them back. 

G xx

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2006, 20:11:18 »
Hi peeps.  MM's having problems posting pics at the mo but would like you all to see a recent pic of Merlin.  Sadly, those are not my hairy arms.   ;)   ;D

G xx

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #277 on: January 16, 2006, 22:35:18 »
Aw MM he is lovely. Such strong looking arms. Hee hee.

Merlin is gorgeous.

Georgie I will have to be sneaky about getting another cat. I might have to pretend it just turned up or something. Haven't worked it out yet.

Obbelixx, Spook tries to help with diy or any sort of repairs. He ended up in the space between the upstairs floor and the downstairs ceiling the other day when OH was "fixing" a water tank/heating/plumbing problem. We ended up with water coming through the ceiling. It set the smoke alarms off, which set my daughter off crying and we couldn't call Spook back.  He gets too involved and has nearly come a cropper on the end of some tool or electrical device many times. OH now does a full house search for him before he starts a job so he can lock him in a room. For his own safety and OH's stress levels!

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2006, 10:47:50 »
More ragdolls - these are the kittens that one of my 'boarders' produced.  I cant wait until Macosi has hers!

Loz  ;)
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2006, 14:19:17 »
LOZ, they are beautiful, when does Macosi have hers is it immenent?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal