Author Topic: Morning Saturday !!  (Read 1761 times)

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
Morning Saturday !!
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:51:12 »
Morning all,
 Dull and damp in deepest darkest Dorset!
 Decorating today so who cares if it rains, as long as its nice tomorow so i can get up the lottie  ;D
 Have a great day all xxxxxxxxxxx

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Morning Saturday !!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:55:25 »
I did breakfast for four guests this morning in two sittings as two folks didn't get in til about 6.00 am.  I bumped into the guy about 10.30 am  when he was heading for the bathroom and he asked how late we served breakfast "til now" says I  ;D  That made em shift.  They'd have you hanging about all flippin day  ;D

Need to get to plot today to pick the broken glass up from my ruined greenhouse door.  There's no glass in it at all now.  The only glass in it was that in the door.  Grrrr  ;D

I came, I saw, I composted

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 13:21:02 »
In Kent today - nephews 6th birthday party.  Fancy dress - Halloween style!  Will take photos and post later.

Bright in Essex, thick wet mist in Kent.  Got up early and filled a big mixing bowl with chillis from the greenhouse.  4 aubergines and 3 tomatos!  Still lots to come.

Tonight, fish and chips and a bottle of red.  Perfect!

Have a nice Saturday everyone.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 13:23:11 »
My chilli plant is looking fabulous at the mo.  Must get some picked!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 14:01:09 »
We seem to have a 'diary' running!     Well its sunny one minute up here in the Scot. Borders and then drops of rain with clouds and then sun again.  I need it to be dry!!!!  because my blooming washing machine has broken down again.   Thought it was fixed on Thurs. apparently not, so I am left with dripping washing and OHs huge golf jersey being hand washed and dripped outside.   How did we manage before Washing machines.  I don't have an old fashioned wringer now and got out of the way of hand wringing clothes.  COMET here we come, soon,  in an hour even.   

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 14:12:05 »
THEN THEN  
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 16:35:04 »
Managed to get to the allotment this morning. My friend and I managed to get some weeding done and I planted some garlic, grown this year.  The sun did it's best to shine and for a little while it did.  After about an hour we brewed a cup of tea ( flask of hot water, fresh milk and tea bags)  this is the life.  Doesn't get much better than this does it folks.

Tomorrow we are off to an Apple Day somewhere in YORK. http://www.yorkshireorchards.co.uk/

I hope it's a dry day.

Lily
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 20:35:28 »
It started raining just as I was packing up this afternoon, but at least I got some digging done, and I've disposed of the last remains of one of my soil piles.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 10:16:01 »
My husband and I had a leaf gathering session and took all our harvest to the lotty where we have a wire bin.  We have as many again this morning  ;D

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 19:53:44 »
Thanks for the reminder wardy!

Sadly, I get quite excited at the prospect of collecting leaves for the compost bin

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 20:14:55 »
Sad innit  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal