Produce > Edible Plants

Seeds - seduced by a name...

<< < (3/8) > >>

Hyacinth:
...turnips/swedes...you've answered another question that was puzzling me & I asked about here some days ago, John!  ;D

tim:
DP - just lost the whole thing!! Try again. Of course - on sticks!!

This is the one daughter finds best for eating - others go as still lifes for her art class.
Came from Seeds of Italy - hate to say - I only buy British. = Tim

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY - she now tells me they are WINTER. The summer ones were Leprechaun from Mr Fothergill.

cleo:
Aha-quite a lot to go on here. I must confess that some of my tomato range is based on name-who could resist trying `Box Car Willie` or `Green Zebra` ?(both very good).

Celeriac-Balder,yes tried it, was OK but I am still looking for the variety that best suits me-link to florence Fennel Lishka-Rudy is the best IMO.

Tom `Harbinger` is good, reliable out doors and tasty.-(I would have sent you some seeds Lishka)

Marvel of the 4 seasons is a superb variety-you can sow all through the season.

I did grow Rubine in the days when my soil was heavy enough for good sprouts but was not that impressed.

Good King Henry-not grown that since the lottie days-I think I must have done something wrong as it just meandered around looking straggly.

Stephan.

Hyacinth:
Thanks, Stephan...would have bought Rudy but it wasn't in the catalogue, so, as Selma was described as bolt-resistant I ordered it. One of the joys of last year, tho, was harvesting your Rudy  ;D ;D ;D  shall I say that again? - it's the sort of thing the automatic  censor might put in ;)

Thanks also for the feed-back on Marvel of  the 4 Seasons & your opinion, along with Tim's,  of 'Harbinger'.

Anyone tell me of their experience of growing mooli, btw? In for 1d, in for £1, and a pkt of their seeds cost me all of 45p...Lish

cleo:
Mooli?-now that takes me back a bit-I really should try again- same as trying those large raddish.

a big garden is no substitute for 6 lotties-one has to be selective.

Will send you some Rudy and you can do a trial. Oh and another thing I found out just this year-if you twist the fennel out of the ground leaving the root it grows back-may not bulb but gives stems and leaves for the stock pot.

Stephan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version