Produce > Edible Plants

Seeds - seduced by a name...

<< < (6/8) > >>

ina:
Oh yes, mooli. Good stuff. Mine pushed themselves way out above the ground and I thought it was because I had not loosened the soil deep enough. As they came higher and higher I just earthed them up, I don't know why but it seemed like the right thing to do.

Brown bread with a slice of old cheese and lots of slices of mooli, yummeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Took it to work almost every day. Just love the crunch crunch crunching sounds.

gavin:
Brown bread - yes; mooli - yes; old cheese ------ ???  Not Limburger (spelling?), please?

All best - Gavin

ina:
Not stinky cheese, just regular aged cheese, doesn't even have to be old, I just love the combination of mooli and cheese.

Since this thread is veggie soup anyway, I may as well use it to tell the world we ate the first salad made of homegrown, bathroom forced, witloof this year! Wonderful and not very bitter either. I also love boiled witloof but it takes so many chicons and I want to savor what I have growing in containers in the bathroom. Seems like using it for salads will stretch it more.

Doris_Pinks:
Must rush up me lottie and check my mooli, had forgotten about it!! Love it fresh, also Tim, good in a stir fry ;D

campanula:
ina, what on  earth is witloof? chicons? duh ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version