Author Topic: The pests have returned  (Read 1771 times)

plot76

• Not So New ...
    • Plot 76 Camden Allotments
The pests have returned
« on: January 14, 2007, 16:52:05 »
My pests came back this time they managed to destroy one of my polytunnels, and trample the strawberries.

I have just finished rigging trip wires between the raised beds, it might annoy them and I expect the will take their revenge but at least I'll have got mud on their designer label jeans!!

Photo's of the damage at www.plot76.info

And I though having an allotment would be relaxing, and rewarding, so far it's been expensive and disappointing.

Ho hum!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: The pests have returned
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 16:55:16 »
defenitely vandals?, we had one go the same, a neighbour told us it just went with the wind, I was all for stringing them up until he came over, sad, that you've worked so hard, hope your luck changes  :)

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 16:56:09 »
That's terrible plot76 >:(. Very sorry you have had the same sort of problem so soon after the last time. Keep going, stick them out ;) :).

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 22:19:55 »
They do tend to get bored with it.... only if they are stealing power tools will they keep coming back at abouit a months interval to take the replacements!
 >:(

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 22:45:29 »
That reminds me of the recent damage to a polytunnel belonging to a neighbour. That appears to have been deliberately targeted at plots involved in a dispute a couple of years back.

macleaf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 17:45:17 »
Although i dont have an allotment,we have our own veg garden etc ,i must admit i do feel for you nothing seems to be safe in this world of ours,if i lived near you i would gladly come and give support :o :'(
keith

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 21:36:08 »
so sorry to hear of your troubles.........we have the same here.tho hopefully it will change with the new fencing!
if they wanna get in tho ive a feeling that they will.
brilliant blog thingy tho.......a question............have you planted the beds with a "green manure"?
just wondering....and if so.what is it?

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 21:02:49 »
Hi Plot76 you have worked so hard - the little b-----ds what a shame the cannot be hung up it must be so frustrating after such hard work..
loved your blog by the way keep it up and keep us posted please

:) :) :)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 22:04:30 »
Hold Hard Plot!
I think Manic could have a point - and i hope he has, rather than some sh*tbags!
Wind damage? You have a wonderful & well organised plot.
Report back.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal