Author Topic: Mr & Mrs Pheasant  (Read 2412 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Mr & Mrs Pheasant
« on: March 01, 2005, 19:59:28 »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

oo'  We have had a day of romance in our garden, spring in the air me thinks.  :o :o :o  Mr and Mrs Pheasant have been a romancing all day today.  She has been getting all a fluster with him displaying and 'whatnot'.  He was even taking a run at her and the thing was it was such a horrible day with snow showers but this didnt deter his ardour.  Spring must be in the air.

I also had a late winter visitor today.  I had a pair of bramblings visiting.  I usually see them towards the end of winter, they are a bit late this year.  Anyone else seen bramblings in their lottys or gardens.  They are similar to chaffinches but instead of pink breast their colouring is more a orangey pink with a white flash on the wings.  Hopefully the Siskins will appear again, not seen them this winter so far.

:o :o

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re: Mr & Mrs Pheasant
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:43:30 »
How lucky you are Carol to have the pheasants in your garden.  The only ones I have seen are the ones walking in the road when I drive from our village to the next.   The silly things unfortunately often get caught by the cars as they dont seem to be able to get out of the way in time :'(
Happy gardening all...........Pat

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 16:04:17 »
Just taken this picture of a pheasant at my bird table.  Not very good pic but never mind.  It's on the floor, under the bird table  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 19:04:08 »
Wardy ;D

See its easy when you know howHahahahah !!!!!!
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal